Louis van Gaal will face the media this afternoon at 1pm ahead of Manchester United’s game against Cambridge on Friday night. What can we expect to hear from the United boss?
1. Is Robin van Persie fit to play? The Dutch striker was missing against QPR last weekend with an injury and fans will be keen to know if he is going to be able to return to the squad straight away.
2. Is Luke Shaw fit to play? The 19-year-old played no part in the QPR game having unexpectedly pulled out through injury but there has been no confirmation over what ruled him out of the move. Fans will be hoping it isn’t anything to do with his ankle.
3. Will he continue with the 3-5-2 formation? The much maligned formation has blunted Man United’s attacking threat but helped bring in some defensive solidarity. Will Van Gaal take the risk and play more expansive football against Cambridge?
4. Is Victor Valdes set to make his debut? Having waited on the bench since joining Man United, fans and journalists alike expect him to start against Cambridge. He won’t get many opportunities so has to take them when he can.
5. Transfers. There’s still time for Man United to sign one or two players in January but it is quickly running out and Van Gaal will no doubt be asked whether Unitded are expecting to be busy.