Published on February 15th, 2013 | by samp3
Anderson: I have tried to leave United many times and never succeeded
Anderson has stunned Manchester United fans today by admitting that he has tried to leave Manchester United “many times” in the past.
The 24-year-old Brazilian midfielder has been the source of much debate by fans with his inconsistent form and persistent injuries blighting his progression at the club, but his potential has never been doubted with purple patches each season showing what he is capable of.
But it seems that Anderson never had his heart set on Old Trafford. Speaking to Globo Esporte, Anderson said: “What can I say? I have three more years of contract, I have tried to leave many times and never succeeded to do so.”
This admission by Anderson comes as a complete shock to the system for any United fan who has staunchly defended Anderson’s career at the club and he has certainly made his future at the club more difficult by saying this in public. Ferguson in particular won’t be impressed.
It could be a case of a misquote but given the direct nature of the quote, it seems unlikely. But, if Anderson had indeed tried to leave the club “many times”, why would Ferguson have not sold him by now?
Despite admitting his attempts to leave United in the past, Anderson claims he is focused on the second leg against Real Madrid and the Premier League.
He continued: “The national team is always good but we have to think about the second leg and about the English league. “
UPDATE: Anderson has taken to Instagram to rubbish the reports that he ever wanted to leave Manchester United.
- Moyes confirms he wants signings in January and admits Kagawa concern December 6th | by samp
- Shinji Kagawa suffers health scare after ambulance called for him due to breathing difficulties December 6th | by samp
- Shinji Kagawa tells David Moyes what he has been waiting to hear December 6th | by samp
- United given hope in signing Gundogan after Dortmund admit they don’t know what will happen December 6th | by samp
- The real reason behind Manchester United’s struggles is beyond David Moyes’ control December 6th | by samp