Published on October 9th, 2012 | by samp1
Angelo Henriquez admits surprise at Chilean call up
Angelo Henriquez received an unexpected call up to the Chilean senior national squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Ecuador and Argentina this week.
The 18-year-old, who is yet to make his senior debut for Manchester United, admits that it is something he didn’t expect.
Speaking to Radio ADN, he said: ”Unfortunately, we have important players injured.
“That has worked in my favour and I hope to play. Otherwise, I will continue to work the same way to have another call-up. It’s not what I expected – I was ready to play with the U20s.
“I have been working very hard and intensively in England. Mentally, it is a huge motivation to come and play for the Chilean national team.”
- Representative of Brazil’s Player of the Year confirms United talks have begun December 5th | by samp
- Scholes believes it is time Cleverley improved and feels Moyes will buy in January if necessary December 5th | by samp
- Contradiction in Manchester United’s January pursuit of Ander Herrera December 5th | by samp
- Danny Welbeck placed in the firing line December 5th | by samp
- Manchester United lose out on signing record breaking Brazilian striker December 5th | by samp