Published on December 26th, 2012 | by samp5
EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: United’s future Samba star wins Golden Boot in Brazil
Brazilian youngster Bruno Gomes will be joining Manchester United when he turns 18 in 2014 and the prolific striker carried on his fine goalscoring exploits by winning the Golden Boot for Desportivo Brasil this season, helping them to win the U17 Championship in Brazil.
He netted 27 times en route to the title and bagged a hat-trick in the second leg of the final, in a 6-0 thrashing against Marilia.
Speaking to The Peoples Person about the victory, Bruno Gomes said: “For me, it is wonderful. The team really fought hard to win the Championship.”
“I struggled in particular in the middle of the year and many were saying that I would not be able to be top scorer again.
“I not only managed to be top scorer again but I could be the two-time SP and the first athlete to be top scorer twice in a row.”
The Peoples Person recently sat down with Bruno Gomes in an exclusive interview to chat about his future move to Old Trafford. For such a young player, he seems to have a very grounded and level frame of mind. His goalscoring exploits at such a young age are phenomenal and it will be an exciting prospect to see what he can do in our famous academy.
Both pictures provided by Bruno Gomes’ official Twitter account – @B9oficial
- Midfield starlet Carvalho continues to show Moyes why he should sign him December 8th | by samp
- The tactical ‘genius’ of David Moyes December 8th | by Aran Sohal
- Solskjaer delays contract talks to assess his future ahead of potential move to England December 8th | by samp
- Manchester United handed tough FA Cup draw against Premier League opposition December 8th | by samp
- David Moyes isn’t wholly to blame and every United fan knows it December 8th | by samp