A superb Manchester derby win tarnished by an idiot

Chalkie

Academy Regular
A SUPERB MANCHESTER DERBY WIN TARNISHED BY AN IDIOT

Firstly, the racist abuse and throwing of objects which our players had to endure during Saturday’s game from some Manchester City idiots, I refuse to call them football fans, was a disgrace and hugely sickening.

A Manchester City statement said:
“Manchester City FC are aware of a video circulating on social media which appears to show a supporter making racial gestures.

The club operates a zero tolerance policy regarding discrimination of any kind, and anyone found guilty of racial abuse will be banned from the club for life.”
Well my question to Manchester City is: “Found guilty by who, a Court of Law? By the Greater Manchester Police? Does anyone at Manchester City pay attention to what is happening on social media? What happened in the 68th minute of the game is not only circulating on social media sites but was seen quite clearly by 100s of millions of viewers on SKY TV and on Match of the Day.”

I read yesterday that Manchester City and the Greater Manchester Police were searching for the identity of this, so far, unnamed racist idiot after this disbursing, shocking, vile incident. Why was he not arrested before the game ended? And why was he permitted to leave the ground if, according to reports, United officials seen the incident on their mobile phones and then passed this on to stewards at the game who reported it to the control centre where all the CCTV is? Furthermore, why did no one near him report him to a steward? That very much concerns me because every time I go to Old Trafford we are encouraged to report any racist behaviour which is the right thing to do. Why wouldn’t you?

And what about the other idiots who threw items at the United players including a lighter which hit Fred? Now correct me if I am wrong but is smoking not banned inside football grounds? Of course it is. So why then was this numpty allowed access to the ground with a lighter in his pocket? It’s hardly an item of medication now is it? We are thoroughly searched when entering Old Trafford. What type of searches are carried out at the Etihad Stadium? Quite disturbing really when you think about what damage a lighter can do.

I thought Fred spoke exceptionally well after the game when he was asked for his views on what had happened. Fred said:

“Unfortunately, we are still in a backward society. [It is a shame] we still have to live with that in 2019. On the field, I didn't see anything. I saw it only in the locker room afterwards.

The guys showed me. He even threw a lighter and it hit me. I try not to care about that. I try to look ahead. Unfortunately, this is happening in some stadiums. It happened here, it happened in Ukraine with some friends. It's sad, but we have to keep our heads up and forget about that.

'We can't give them any attention because that's all they want. I spoke to the referee after the match, they will do something about it and that's all. We are all the same regardless of skin color, hair and gender.
We came from the same place and we all go to the same place when it's all said and done. Thank God I have a lot of friends here in the locker room who hugged me, like Lingard. I don't want to think about it. I just want to move on.”

Meanwhile, other United players also spoke about the incident.

Jesse Lingard tweeted:

“Not even this idiot can ruin tonight's feeling, shameful behaviour, it may be the derby but there is never ever a reason to be racist!”

Ashley Young said:

“Should never have to post anything like this because I'd have thought it's obvious but racism has no place in football or society.”

Marcus Rashford posted:

“Can't beat a derby win. Stood up to EVERYTHING thrown at us & got what we deserved.”

Not surprisingly, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was furious and very protective of his players, saying:

“I've seen it on the video. Fred and Jesse in the corner taking coins from the City fans first of all, so they've got to go away. And then there's this not-so-intelligent fella chanting racist abuse towards my two players and I hope City and the authorities will deal with it, because he shouldn't be watching football again. Not live, anyway. We have to stamp it out. We keep talking about it every single week and it's not acceptable. He should not be allowed back into a ground. That's how simple it is.”
And what about the guardian against racism in English football, the anti-racism body, “Kick It Out,” what are they going to do about it after it had said that the organisation “had been inundated with reports of alleged racist abuse from a number of individuals' at the game?” Well they commented:

“We will be contacting both clubs to offer our support and hope swift action is taken to identify the offenders.”

A somewhat limp reply in my opinion from an
organisation which appears to be a toothless tiger.

I am not a fan of Piers Morgan but I give him the utmost respect for a tweet he posted which showed an image from TV of this idiot with the following caption:

“Imagine being this much of a racist, thick Neanderthal and thinking you’d get away with it? We can see you doing your monkey signs & noises, d*ckhead, and you’re going to very quickly wish you’d never done this.”

I am more than a little amazed, let alone disappointed, that Raheem Sterling, who himself has been the subject of uncalled for and quite vile racist remarks, has not been more outspoken following what he witnessed yesterday. I could not help but notice on TV that at one point he appeared to be looking in the direction of the idiot who was doing the monkey gestures and making monkey noises but can be seen lifting his right arm in the air and waving it but he did not seem be reacting directly to the idiot. Sterling was also standing close to Fred after a lighter struck Fred on the head but never approached Fred to see if he was OK. However, to their credit, both Manchester City captain, David Silva, and Riyad Mahrez could quite clearly be seen offering their support to Fred. If you look at the incident again, Mahrez appears to be waving in the direction of the racist idiot as if to say stop what you are doing. Meanwhile, Silva can clearly be seen waving both of his arms in the direction of where the objects were thrown from in the section of the ground near the corner flag as if to ask for it to stop.

Maybe Sterling should ask the Premier League to deduct 9 points from Manchester City after what happened yesterday. After all is this not what he himself said last April should happen to any club which racially abuses players or supporters?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/raheem-sterling-ninepoint-deduction-for-clubs-fans-racially-abuse-players-a4123461.html

If you ask me here is what should be done:

1. I am glad that this idiot has been found. Manchester City should name and shame him and issue a statement confirming that this idiot has been given a lifetime ban.
2. Greater Manchester Police should bring charges against the idiot for outright racist behaviour.
3. Manchester City should also do all it can to identify the other idiots who threw objects at the United players and again, name and shame them and handout lifetime bans.
4. Greater Manchester Police should bring charges against these idiots for attacking the United players.
5. Manchester City needs to carry out an internal investigation of their security standards and in particular their turnstile stewards who allow any home fan, or indeed a fan of a visiting team, into the Etihad Stadium carrying a lighter.
6. The Premier League should order Manchester City to play their next Premier League game behind closed doors. By the way, Sterling also advocated this last April.

And on a more positive note to the game itself.

Wow!

What a result which was matched by a truly magnificent performance by United. We totally dominated the reigning Premier League Champions on their own turf and fully deserved our 2-1 victory.

How good were we on the counter break? The speed of Lingard, Martial & Rashford would trouble any back four in the world. The trio flicked passes between one another like it was a training session with a group of school children. Their passing was accurate, incisive, penetrating and timely. And with James adding additional speed on the right, the Manchester City players were on the back foot time after time after time. They must have ran more yards backwards than they did going forwards.

Fred, who was my Man of the Match, and who I have been very critical of recently, was a powerhouse in our midfield alongside a very cool McTominay. It brought back memories of Keano and Carrick to me.

Our back four were as solid as I have ever seen them. Maguire, who I am very pleased to see wearing the captain’s armband, and Lindelof were a towering presence. Shaw looks to be back to his best and Wan-Bissaka had Sterling in his back pocket throughout the game. Have you ever seen a quicker defender than Wan-Bissaka? He is like lightning and has the confidence in his own ability and electric speed to let a winger push the ball past him as if to say, “OK, let’s see just how quick you are.” He so reminds me of our former winger, Andrei Kanchelskis, who used to kick the ball behind the defender and then race past his opponent after turning on his after-burners.

And, I doubt if David de Gea expected a quieter 90 minutes.

A great victory after beating Tottenham Hotspur in midweek and I am so pleased for Ole.

John White
Branch Secretary
Carryduff Manchester United Supporters' Club
https://www.facebook.com/carryduffmusc/

Fred, who was my Man of the Match, and who I have been very critical of recently, was a powerhouse in our midfield alongside a very cool McTominay. It brought back memories of Keano and Carrick to me.
Steady on. Fred has had two excellent games and hopefully, more to come. McTominay is still learning the game but has that mentality where he relishes the big games. Let's just take it a game at a time and see how they progress. And I wonder where Pogba will fit in if he comes back.

Chalkie

Academy Regular
Steady on. Fred has had two excellent games and hopefully, more to come. McTominay is still learning the game but has that mentality where he relishes the big games. Let's just take it a game at a time and see how they progress. And I wonder where Pogba will fit in if he comes back.
Get rid of Pogba.