Arsenal vs Man Unuted: Matchday Thread

Cal

Reserves Captain
We face the gunners at Emirates in just a few hours.
Chelsea have already given us a new years day gift in their tie with Brighton earlier today, leaving them 5 points ahead of us in 4th place.

4th is in the running boys

Last edited:
Just hope the guys give a good account of themselves with nothing less than 100% and we should be OK. Arsenal are in about as much mess as we are currently and to be honest this one is hard to call.

After today's results we have a chance to put some points between us and Spurs. Wolves lost too and Chelski could only draw. We've had similar opportunities like this a few times already this season and we really need to take advantage of the situation.

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
Tactically shockin from Ole. Truly awful. Shaw. Matic. Lingard. Absolute shockers. Rapidly losing patience with Maguire. £80 fuckin million.
No wonder Brendan Rogers had his teeth done.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
Pereira on, about time. Don’t get this from Ole though, why would he take James off when kolasinac is on a yellow and he’s got him for pace? Throwing an 18 year old in the deep end to salvage a 2-0 deficit, not a fan

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
It's been better since the substitutions but still need more penetration. Arsenal are waning, but to be honest I think the damage has been done and I can't see us scoring
Game changed when Lingard went off. Don’t see why Pereira didn’t start when he’s had two solid games before this. I agree though yeah that 1st half cost us

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
I actually feel sorry for Martial. No help, no quality service, he was the only one trying to make things happen. For those moaning at Pogba for wanting to leave, can you really blame him? We are woeful in all areas of the pitch. And finally, I’m sorry but Jesse Lingard should never play for United again. Game changed when Pereira came on for him, but the damage was already done. 2 steps forward, 1 step back 😞

More inconsistent crap from a poor United side. Harry Maguire has turned to shit like many big-money buys that come here. Arsenal lost their last four home games and were there for the taking but we were ponderous, had no bite in midfield, and our much-vaunted pace up top was easily neutralized. Shaw was abysmal. James was doing well until our genius manager subbed him. We really are mediocre and it's no wonder our transfer targets go elsewhere. I don't like Raiola one bit but I think he's right in his current assessment of us.

The defence was very narrow and Wan Bissaka had his worst game for United. Kolasinac had far too much space to run into. I agree with Albert about Maguire, he was cumbersome again today and looks like him and Shaw should be on a New Years diet. They both look overweight but to be honest the whole team was shit tonight