Arsenal vs Man Unuted: Matchday Thread

To be honest, I kinda feel bad for Fred now. The guy hasn't had a single consistent pairing in the midfield. The absence of Scott and Paul tells you so much. Pereira not starting is a mystery, as is the substitution of James. The defence man - how can someone even blame De Gea now? These guys grew very lazy and complacent today and I hope that they get their shit together. I'd rather see Young instead of Shaw today 😑

To be honest, I kinda feel bad for Fred now. The guy hasn't had a single consistent pairing in the midfield. The absence of Scott and Paul tells you so much. Pereira not starting is a mystery, as is the substitution of James. The defence man - how can someone even blame De Gea now? These guys grew very lazy and complacent today and I hope that they get their shit together. I'd rather see Young instead of Shaw today 😑
Maguire looks like a fish out of water. At Leicester, he was part of a team. Here, he's pretty much on his own. Same with Lindelof. Shaw is neither fish nor fowl; suspect in defence and offers little in attack. AWB is excellent when defending but he's not a wing back.

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
Two midfielders, one right winger, and one CB this transfer window is what we need
Massive bag'o' not happenin!! I dont see Ole getting any significant cash. I think the club will move for Pochetino in May and he will be given the money from the sale of Pogba.

Rebelred

Academy Star
To be fair, I think run of games over Xmas games for this limited squad took its toll, fitness wise. Agree though, Lingard really should not wear the shirt again, he epitomised everything that is wrong at the club, more interested in his Instagram followers than his football. A very limited player who would have been shipped off to Burnley back in the Ferguson era.

Cal

Reserves Captain
There's always hounds out for Ole after anything but a win. Can you honestly say that a new manager is going to fix anything? We had Mourino who some would argue is one of the best managers in the world, not able to live up to the expectations of fans.

Fact is, we will never have another kind of manager in the likes Ferguson ever again. Managers like him come once in a lifetime.
Leave alone the fact that the board is the chokehold on the club right now. That should be the focus of the ire from fans.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
And thats just to strengthen the first 11, never mind strengthening the squad.
Exactly 😂😂 I just watched Liverpool this morning and I hate talking about them but honestly they’re the model team right now. Good players in every single position.
Another massive difference is their front three are all competing for goals whereas at United we depend largely on Rashford or Martial to deliver. We’re so far behind it’s not even funny anymore

Rebelred

Academy Star
Current Liverpool team are on the way to becoming the best liverpool team ever. Kills me as well, but you have to respect the progress they have made, complete role reversal to the fergie days. I really hope we are not waiting 30 years to win the league again, 26 years was bad enough last time around.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
Current Liverpool team are on the way to becoming the best liverpool team ever. Kills me as well, but you have to respect the progress they have made, complete role reversal to the fergie days. I really hope we are not waiting 30 years to win the league again, 26 years was bad enough last time around.
Me too mate. But time flies and it’s already been 6 years!! Time will fly by with the way this club is run, hopefully it’ll be way before 30 years before the glazers are out though. I don’t want to be in my 40s by the time we win again 😭😭

They have some way to go to match Shankly's and Paisley's teams but the omens are there. I got slammed on another site when Klopp went there and I said he would revive their fortunes. Oh well, history does have a way of repeating itself. We must look to our own team not them.

The thing that I feel is that the manager and the players are putting themselves under tremendous pressure, by trying to turn the clocks to the Fergie era.
They have taken upon themselves to bring back the glory, thereby not enjoying their game or focusing on the job at present.
Plus, the pile of expectations is a slow poison.
Take Sheffield United. No pressure has them perform really well.

Me too mate. But time flies and it’s already been 6 years!! Time will fly by with the way this club is run, hopefully it’ll be way before 30 years before the glazers are out though. I don’t want to be in my 40s by the time we win again 😭😭
Been there and done that. I was there when we lifted the trophy against Stoke at home in 1967. I never dreamed I'd have to wait until 1993 to see another. I'm sure the Liverpool fans thought the same thing in 1990. Football, like most things, runs in cycles. It's their turn to crow and I fully expect them to overtake us before this current decade is out. I may not live to see another United title-winning side (same could be said for all of us I suppose) but nothing is written in stone.

It's not so much that we've come to the end of an era (2013) but that nothing was done to ensure continuity. We've been lied to by Gill and by the Glazers and, I suppose we can add Fergie to that list though who can be angry at him? Greed got the better of him but he was able to counteract that with his ability to win titles with players that wouldn't have got near his 1993, 94, and 96 sides. Greed got the better of Gill too but greed was always the motivating factor for the Glazers. It infected the entire club until football became secondary to making money. And here we are.

Rebelred

Academy Star
Been there and done that. I was there when we lifted the trophy against Stoke at home in 1967. I never dreamed I'd have to wait until 1993 to see another. I'm sure the Liverpool fans thought the same thing in 1990. Football, like most things, runs in cycles. It's their turn to crow and I fully expect them to overtake us before this current decade is out. I may not live to see another United title-winning side (same could be said for all of us I suppose) but nothing is written in stone.

It's not so much that we've come to the end of an era (2013) but that nothing was done to ensure continuity. We've been lied to by Gill and by the Glazers and, I suppose we can add Fergie to that list though who can be angry at him? Greed got the better of him but he was able to counteract that with his ability to win titles with players that wouldn't have got near his 1993, 94, and 96 sides. Greed got the better of Gill too but greed was always the motivating factor for the Glazers. It infected the entire club until football became secondary to making money. And here we are.
Great post Albert (y)