Bruno Fernandes - A Thread

Cal

Reserves Captain
Officially announced today, terms have been agreed with Sporting Club of Portugal for the transfer of Bruno Fernandes.
Fernandes, who seems to be a complete midfielder, has been a shining star for Sporting Lisbon for the last couple of seasons.
Here is Statman Dave's newest video on Fernandes, in case you're interested in his take on how Fernandes will fit into Ole's squad.

If you're intrested in Sam's "Full Story" video from 6 months ago (when we SHOULD have made a deal for him) you can watch that one here:

What are your thoughts on the deal? Is this going to be another Fred scenario where he doesnt play too well in his first season, and then warms up to the Prem? Or will he fit right in, like Dan James?

I really believe that maybe he'll need some time to settle in, get a hold of the football in England, as in the case of James, the FA Cup and Carabao cup gives a certain exposure of the Premier League.
With Bruno, we need patience and acceptance. He will improve this team no doubt about it. But we cannot jump the gun and label him the next Sanchez if he cannot deliver straightaway.
However, the other side of the story is that with the returns of Pogba, McTominay and Rashford, this quartet with Martial, Greenwood, James could really see us attack more and attack quick.
Looking forward to a strengthened and confident side going ahead.

I want to see him running with the ball like Gazza used to do and like Grealish does now. He'll give the whole club a lift and set us up for the second half of the season

Cal

Reserves Captain
I want to see him running with the ball like Gazza used to do and like Grealish does now. He'll give the whole club a lift and set us up for the second half of the season
We need an uplift for sure to finish off the season.
Im getting excited for Paul and Scott to come back. Gives us some awesome choices in midfield, and gives Ole more options of formations.