Burnley vs Man United - Matchday Thread

Cal

Reserves Captain
We face Burnley at Turf Moor tonight, for what's is sure to be a tough test of Solskjaers Midfield.
Mctominay is expected to be out after a slight injury on the first half vs Newcastle.
We could be on the brink of top 4 if this game goes the United way.

Cal

Reserves Captain
Ole will have to bring out all the creativity tonight.
I'm hoping to see Pogba, Martial, Mata, Fred, and Greenwood as our most creative players.
Greenwood is a doubt, since he played the entire game on Boxing day. But perhaps a cameo towards the end if we haven't buried the game already.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
Ole will have to bring out all the creativity tonight.
I'm hoping to see Pogba, Martial, Mata, Fred, and Greenwood as our most creative players.
Greenwood is a doubt, since he played the entire game on Boxing day. But perhaps a cameo towards the end if we haven't buried the game already.
That’s 100% it mate. Will Burnley come out and attack at home? I don’t think they will considering they know what we can do on the counter, so yet again another low block to play

I wonder which United will turn out tonight. I just want to see us go for it, chase down every ball and for everyone to put a shift in. Also hoping for a clean sheet as it's long overdue. I'm a bit nervous about the number of changes Ole's made, but it is what it is

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
I’m not getting any fantasy points this week hahaha, how is Pogba not even on the bench, I was expecting at the very least a 2nd half showing

1-0 up and a fair reflection I suppose. Periera and Fred doing ok in midfield, Matic hasn't done a lot wrong either. I want to see young Brandon go to the byeline and get a cross in instead of cutting inside all the time but he's playing ok. There are plenty of niggly fouls coming from the Burnley lads. Hope Tony Martial gets another in the second half, Come on you Reds

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
1-0 up and a fair reflection I suppose. Periera and Fred doing ok in midfield, Matic hasn't done a lot wrong either. I want to see young Brandon go to the byeline and get a cross in instead of cutting inside all the time but he's playing ok. There are plenty of niggly fouls coming from the Burnley lads. Hope Tony Martial gets another in the second half, Come on you Reds
There was one low driven cross that he swung in during the first half, no one could get a toe on it but it was such a good ball right in the danger area. More of that please! 👌🏼

Rebelred

Academy Star
I must say, the energy the team has shown against teams who are hard to break down has been very positive the last 2 games. Perhaps Ole has eventually figured out that the only way to beat a low block, is with a high press. Even Maguire has been getting into attacking positions.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
So stoked with that performance!! Honestly I was expecting a draw and sitting at 1-0 for majority of the second half I was fearing an equaliser. But luckily Rashford stepped up, not as cool in front of goal as Martial or Greenwood but he pops up when we need him to. Big Dave with a smart stop from Hendrick, nice way to bounce back for him.
Also, is that our first clean sheet in how many games???

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
Also big up Williams, redeemed himself after that Villa game and was bombing up and down all day. VERY mature performance for an 18 year old, Bardsley had nothing on him and he’s a fairly tough fullback.