Man City vs Man United: Matchday Thread

Sam

Manager
Staff member
Derby day on Saturday. I’m heading into this game pessimistic as fuck if only because I did the same for Liverpool and Spurs and we won both of those games!

What sort of game are you expecting?

KtNxtGen

Academy Star
I expect City to build up the strongest available squad, pressure the United midfield, and accumulate at least a couple of goals in the first 45.
Of course, United could very well benefit from the heavy pressing and hit a good counter attack, provided it's the trio of Rashford, James and Greenwood.
Overall, City will take them 3 points (sadly), but expecting United to ride the hope train and put up a fight.

Cal

Reserves Captain
Anthony expected to play part of the game. So see him to start, and have Greenwood in by 50th minute hopefully.
City will try to keep possession, which is good for us. But we have to watch out for De Bruynes passes to Sterling, which means Fred, Mcguire and Lindelof HAVE to be at 100%

I expect a late win for us

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
Derby day on Saturday. I’m heading into this game pessimistic as fuck if only because I did the same for Liverpool and Spurs and we won both of those games!

What sort of game are you expecting?
Errrr....... I think you need to check the result against the Dirties Sam.

City are not Spurs. We are proper up against it, and again, we will concede. We are struggling at the back like City are but their firepower is frightening. Cant see us getting much if anything at all. But equally important is the performance. So long as everyone gives their all i'll have no complaints. It would be a plus point if we can avoid a right dickin.

It all depends which City shows up and which United shows up. They've looked pretty average some games this season, the most beatable theyve been for a while, so who knows?

Cal

Reserves Captain
They really depend on their midfield to do the legwork for them. De Bruyne and David Silva are essential to their play, maybe if we can harass them, and crowd them? I think it will be a great game on both sides.

Albert Quixall

Reserves Newbie
They really depend on their midfield to do the legwork for them. De Bruyne and David Silva are essential to their play, maybe if we can harass them, and crowd them? I think it will be a great game on both sides.
Fred and McSauce against De Bruyne and Silva? Might work for a while but there's no way they'll subdue City's midfield for 90 minutes.

Zack2108ツ

Academy Captain
Just wanna say Class Video Sam always love the match reactions cause you can teel the your genuine reaction you literally must have filmed as soon the game ended.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
I am absolutely buzzing. No way I would’ve put money on 6 points coming out of this week. We’re 5 points off top 4!! Hopefully this can be the start of a good run. AWB MOTM for me today, he was superb. Lindelof made a goal saving block but he made a few too many mistakes to knick the MOTM off AWB. Fantastic team display! GGMU 👹⚽️

Rebelred

Academy Star
What a result and what a performance. I thought AWB and SmcT were immense. Fred and Mc tominay bossed the midfield. Intensity, counter attack and pace, pace, pace.
As Sam has mentioned in his videos previously, we are more than a match for the top teams who try and attack us but struggle against weaker teams trying to break them down. Ole's record against the top teams is aces!