Man United 2-1 Tottenham: Matchday Thread

Who will take the 3 points tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
One of Rashford's best performances. If he could play like that consistently, he'd be a world beater.

KtNxtGen

Academy Regular
Well, the big match Manchester United were at it again today. Delighted with the result but even more surprised with how Spurs couldn't at all bring in a lethal attack. I mean, it was as if Harry Kane wasn't even playing the game today.
Although, taking nothing away from the Reds. Rashford obviously is making Spurs his bunny now. McTominay returning really helped.
My takeaway though - the two most dicey players in the XI (Fred and Young) actually held their ends pretty well today.

THE BASTARD

Academy Captain
Fred was quality tonight. Top end work rate. A very dubious penalty in my book. I wouldnt like to have lost to a decision like that.
Swings and roundabouts though.

Cal

Reserves Regular
Fred was quality tonight. Top end work rate. A very dubious penalty in my book. I wouldnt like to have lost to a decision like that.
Swings and roundabouts though.
Did you ever think you'd say that?
Someone made fun of me for shouting "thank God for Fred!" when he saved that shot form a goal. Never thought I'd hear it said let alone say it myself

gio_m123

Reserves Newbie
I know Rashford was the scorer of the two goals but for me MOTM was Fred. That guy was everywhere! And very good in possession for majority of the game, he ran that midfield. Nice performance and hope he can keep that up! Wasn't expecting Rashford to pop up like that to be honest, what a game he had as well. Probably should've had a hat trick if he didn't take his time with that last chance that Aurier blocked. MOTM between Rashford and Fred but for me Fred gets it. On to City!

THE BASTARD

Academy Captain
What a win and performance that was. United really do turn up in the big games eh?
If we would have played like that for 70% of this season we would be comfortably in the top 4. So that can only mean a couple of things. Either the team are picking and choosing when they carry out their instructions, or the instructions have been wrong from the off.

What we saw last night was ballsy from Ole. None of that back 5 negative shite. The extra legs from Messi Lingard in the middle. And no miserable slowing down of the play to accommodate Martial.
Granted its the worst ive seen Spurs play in years but we didnt give them a lot to work with. We actually not only outworked a team but we outworked them right up to the whistle.
Fergie always said that losing was difficult, but losing to a team that works harder is not acceptable. The stats dont lie. For years the vast majority of teams we have played have indeed put more yards in than we have.

The lazy fuckers like Mata, Martial, Matic have no future at United or in the Prem.

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
And no miserable slowing down of the play to accommodate Martial.
I do think there's something about Martial that slows us down. Even though Mason didn't get much of the ball, the runs he made were smarter and more energetic than Martial's and I think he helped Rashford to shine by pulling defenders about a lot more than we get when Martial plays.

THE BASTARD

Academy Captain
I do think there's something about Martial that slows us down. Even though Mason didn't get much of the ball, the runs he made were smarter and more energetic than Martial's and I think he helped Rashford to shine by pulling defenders about a lot more than we get when Martial plays.
Martial is very effective around the box. But he offers little else outside of it. Though he generally plays wide, he seldom actually goes passed anybody which its said infuriates his team mates. He can be given the ball with plenty of space to run into but regularly prefers to draw the defender which eats up vital seconds and allows the others to get back in cover positions. Then the moment has gone.

He's no doubt the best finisher at the club, but his body language and his turn it on turn it off attitude clearly doesnt have the right effect on the rest of the team. He obviously wants to be the main striker, not played out wide all the time. But he would have to up his work rate and hunger for the fight by a shit load to even think of replacing Rash. Who isnt a striker but his work rate is second to none.

Only saw the highlights but I was pleasantly surprised at the result. I didn't think we were going to win that match. Did Jose get a good reception?

Cal

Reserves Regular
Only saw the highlights but I was pleasantly surprised at the result. I didn't think we were going to win that match. Did Jose get a good reception?
I saw him getting a warm hug from many of the players as they were coming out of the dressing room, didnt get a look at the crowd though