Man United vs Burnley - Matchday Thread

Cal

Reserves Captain
We play Burnley at home again, with a much more diminished squad.
Out on injury or illness is Rashford, Pogba, McTomniay, Lindelof off our starting XI

Jones is starting, consider this as loss already lol.

Jones starting and a lineup with definite lack of pace sounds trouble
Hope the lads can sneak away with the 3 points.
Any drop of points today sees us back into Europa

Cal

Reserves Captain
Im hoping for brilliance from Mata and Martial. But i dont see us getting anything better than a tie here

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
That is absolutely shocking marking from Maguire. How have Burnley gone and taken the lead??? Its their first shot on target, we should already be 2-0 up 😡

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
Because we're weak defending from set pieces. Our marking is horrendous in general
Too right man, I shouldn’t even be angry this is just what we’ve become. Was it from a set piece I can’t remember? I thought it was just from open play, just crap marking

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
Let’s be honest with ourselves can we really be upset with Ole after that result? We had more shots, more possession, should’ve been 3-0 up before half time. The tactics were fine with the personnel we had today but that game screamed out for some creativity. And the board are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it!!

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
I have never ever seen OT that eerie, that empty, that quiet. It was just dead. It was almost like we have just accepted our situation and submitted. I don’t know what to feel anymore.

This is not even Championship football now. It is a wonder that we're still in the top 5.
Never lost to Burnley at OT since 1962 and these chaps go out there and make history. The Fortress is officially lost.
Not a single goal scored. How is it that the entire team relies on the players out injured? The others are so incompetent?
Finally, I think it's a bad bad idea to make Maguire the captain in his first ever season for us, at a time when he's not even firm enough to defend for his own good. After Young, DDG was my natural pick. Hell even Matic could've done better with the armband.

This is not even Championship football now. It is a wonder that we're still in the top 5.
Never lost to Burnley at OT since 1962 and these chaps go out there and make history. The Fortress is officially lost.
Not a single goal scored. How is it that the entire team relies on the players out injured? The others are so incompetent?
Finally, I think it's a bad bad idea to make Maguire the captain in his first ever season for us, at a time when he's not even firm enough to defend for his own good. After Young, DDG was my natural pick. Hell even Matic could've done better with the armband.
Why DDG? He doesn't even command his own penalty area. You could hand the armband to any one of that team and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Where's the leadership off the pitch? Ole mutters a few platitudes to the cameras but there's nary a word from the owners. What about Fergie or Bobby Charlton? They were quick enough to voice their disapproval of Jose or to push for Giggs as manager.

Cal

Reserves Captain
How hard it is to stay positive. The owners have fucked us. It feels like they've given Ole the task of clearing the wage bill for the season, forcing him to play only the second team.

Bobbins

Academy Regular
It was just an atrocious performance.

It didn't kick off in the ground during the game but there was a definite air of mutiny in the crowd.

Also a lot of anti - hierarchy chants, they were sporadic but could definitely be heard.