Manchester City v Manchester United - Matchday Thread

Bobbins

Academy Regular
We play away to Man City tomorrow night at the Ethiad in the second leg of the Carabao Cup, we're 3-1 down from the 1st leg.

Discuss....

If the Fernandes deal goes through it will give the lads and the fans a massive lift, and with that in mind I think we'll give them a game. Hopefully we'll do what we did in Paris and do shitty too. Hope we can do it in 90 mins but can see it going to extra time or even penalties

Bobbins

Academy Regular
Going to be interesting to see how we fare to be honest but I do agree the Fernandes deal will definitely give the fans a lift if it gets over the line.

We need to score twice so we could be up against it but we'll see.

Cal

Reserves Captain
Im excited for Bruno to get his medical done, so that maybe he can play vs Wolves, which is an important game for us.

Edit: would NOT mind if we paint Manchester RED today though

There is no extra time in Carabao Cup so it'll go straight to penalties if we win by a margin of 2.
I'm really dicey about Shaw as centre back as we've not seen that happen as such.
Having said that, the guys scoring against Tranmere have to lace up their boots once more.
Maybe if the Bruno deal had been done with a week ago, this team would've looked much better.
But, still hoping on our much improved holding midfielders to restrict their pressing as much as possible.

Zack2108ツ

Academy Captain
Matic and Fredwill have big jobs tonight they'll have try protect that back line but are really going to need to excel at bringing up the ball or I could see us getting trapped by city

Cal

Reserves Captain
There is no extra time in Carabao Cup so it'll go straight to penalties if we win by a margin of 2.
I'm really dicey about Shaw as centre back as we've not seen that happen as such.
Having said that, the guys scoring against Tranmere have to lace up their boots once more.
Maybe if the Bruno deal had been done with a week ago, this team would've looked much better.
But, still hoping on our much improved holding midfielders to restrict their pressing as much as possible.
agreed on the bruno thing.
I would actually like to see Aaron as a RCB, and play Dalot up as a RWM infront of him. But we will see how it pays off for Ole

agreed on the bruno thing.
I would actually like to see Aaron as a RCB, and play Dalot up as a RWM infront of him. But we will see how it pays off for Ole
Agree on that. Dalot going forward and AWB holding and putting his tackles at the back could be a good combo moving forward in the remainder of the reason. Let's see today though.

Cal

Reserves Captain
De Gea is playing really well on the first half, after the 20th min, City have left the foot off the pedal, and United have looked far better than the Burnley game.