Manchester United v Wolves - Matchday Thread

Bobbins

Academy Regular
We play Wolves at Old Trafford tomorrow Saturday evening at 5:30pm (BST) in the Premier League.

Bruno Fernandes due to make his debut and also a walkout has been planned by some fans in the 58th minute.

Should be an interesting night!

Cal

Reserves Captain
United have scuppered the walk out Bert. Fernandes to be named as a sub. He'll be brought on after 60 minutes.
I really hope not, thats short sighted in the club's eyes in my opinion. It would make more sence for him to start the game. We dont have 3 midfielders without him. Fred has to start, plus who else? Pereira and Mata? Lingard? Garner? all of those are kind of weak choices.

Im more leaning towards Fred, Fernandes, Pereira midfield start (they all speak Portuguese, so communication is easier there) and Mata to sub in at 70 mins for Pereira out

We'll miss Matic as he's playing himself into a bit of form at long last so it's up to the others to step up. I agree with Cal's point about clear lines of communication.
Let's get this game won and then we've got two weeks off to get McT and Pogs ready for the second half of the season

KtNxtGen

Academy Star
Ighalo could offer those last minute goals getting in, given he's been quite a poacher in China. And since he's been looked as a backup for Rashford, this literally shouts in Martial's face that he has to up his game now or watch Rash and Mason and Ighalo start games and rack up goals, with the constant movement that Fernandes, rejuvenated Pogba and McT could give. Lingard must start looking for options now 😅😆

Only positives I can take from that game was clean sheet and a point. New man played ok, a few good touches and looks like he likes to shoot at goal which is welcome this season.
Not a good game to watch though

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
Jose wanted shut of him. For good reason in my eyes. Very one dimensional. Predictable to play against. Doesnt give defenders anywhere near enough to think about. He's basically strolled through his 4 years at the club.

The appreciation for Martial is equivalent to his goal contributions - minimum. There's a guy barely 48 hours in the club and creating chances, directing traffic, and then there's this guy, 4 years in and yet looking lost. Who is he missing? Rashford? Pogba? Giroud?

Haaland bagged two more goals yesterday. :rolleyes:
It's a bit depressing to think "What could have been" but seriously, was he ever going to come to United ? They're telling us that we're going for Jadon Sancho in the summer but what can we offer him apart from a big pay packet? If he has a choice between United, Liverpool, City or Chelsea here in the UK and Real, Barca in Spain or Juve in Italy he's going to take some persuading to come to Old Trafford.

We'll have a better idea how deep the shit we're in is when the injuries clear up. We all know that Pogs is going so we should get the best deal we can for him and re-invest in players who want to play for us. If Maddison and Grealish are United fans then they should be approached. We need strength in depth like we had in the Fergie era.

We need to see some big improvements in the second half of the season. I'd tell Pogs to play like a demon and then go with our blessings in June and tell the others they are playing for their places.

I can't accept that they are not good footballers, we didn't buy bad footballers, we are making them into bad footballers.

The first team management and coaching staff should be on 4 months notice. Pull your fingers out of your ares and sort this shit out

It's a bit depressing to think "What could have been" but seriously, was he ever going to come to United ? They're telling us that we're going for Jadon Sancho in the summer but what can we offer him apart from a big pay packet? If he has a choice between United, Liverpool, City or Chelsea here in the UK and Real, Barca in Spain or Juve in Italy he's going to take some persuading to come to Old Trafford.

We'll have a better idea how deep the shit we're in is when the injuries clear up. We all know that Pogs is going so we should get the best deal we can for him and re-invest in players who want to play for us. If Maddison and Grealish are United fans then they should be approached. We need strength in depth like we had in the Fergie era.

We need to see some big improvements in the second half of the season. I'd tell Pogs to play like a demon and then go with our blessings in June and tell the others they are playing for their places.

I can't accept that they are not good footballers, we didn't buy bad footballers, we are making them into bad footballers.

The first team management and coaching staff should be on 4 months notice. Pull your fingers out of your ares and sort this shit out
The team management sure needs a talk. Very well put there