Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Matchday Thread

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
All eyes on who will be playing in midfield for this afternoon's game at Old Trafford against Villa. McTominay may be fit enough to play, but if not it will be an interesting selection after Fred and Pereira were so poor against Sheffield United and Garner and Levitt so good against Astana. Also, did Lingard do enough to earn a recall? I personally hope Ole goes back to a 4-2-3-1 - DDG - AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Williams - Garner - Fred - James - Pereira (or Mata) - Rashford - Martial.

I know we didn't get the result we wanted a for a team like United we should not br be drawing to Aston Villa or Shefield or losing to Bournemouth we shouldn't even be playing Astana on a weekday let alone losing but I think in the second half especially we showed some good football and promise I though Rashford has really picked up form hes got more goals than Salah and 1 less than Mane i think maguire and Lindelof are getting more confident together AWB and Williams are getting better aswell I think if we brought another manager in we'd be worse off with them having to learn a new system I just think we need to sort out the core of the team.

I know we didn't get the result we wanted a for a team like United we should not br be drawing to Aston Villa or Shefield or losing to Bournemouth we shouldn't even be playing Astana on a weekday let alone losing but I think in the second half especially we showed some good football and promise I though Rashford has really picked up form hes got more goals than Salah and 1 less than Mane i think maguire and Lindelof are getting more confident together AWB and Williams are getting better aswell I think if we brought another manager in we'd be worse off with them having to learn a new system I just think we need to sort out the core of the team.
Not sure what or who youve been watching lately Zack. Maguire and Lindalof have looked dreadful the last few games.

Awful performance that was some horrible football, but it’s easy to see there are players who are giving their all. Incredible goal by Grealish but that second goal shows the lack of experience by Williams not stepping up with the rest of the line. I still thought Williams had a great game though apart from that, Pereira was poor today, showed the need for a regular first-team standard midfielder. Don’t know why Ole took Martial off again when he was pivotal to our attacks, bad decision in my opinion Greenwood couldn’t really get in the game. Can someone PLEASE try and get on the end of Daniel James’ crosses? That service was awesome and no one was there time after time. AWB, Fred, Martial, Rashford, James, Williams (apart from the mistake) were all good today I thought. DDG couldn’t really do anything for either goal. Disappointed overall, we are well and truly a mid-table club for now.

People saying Ole out after that don’t know football I’m sorry. Ole can’t do anything with some of those players, he set up a 4-3-3 with probably his best lineup. The only thing I could criticise him for was taking off Martial again. Just why??? Having said that, he is very close to the sack I can just feel it, hope he makes it to January at least and gets some backing. It’s clear that with the right players he can do a job. I wonder how Fergie would’ve fared with these players today. I doubt half that lineup wouldn’t even be in a Fergie squad.

People saying Ole out after that don’t know football I’m sorry. Ole can’t do anything with some of those players, he set up a 4-3-3 with probably his best lineup. The only thing I could criticise him for was taking off Martial again. Just why??? Having said that, he is very close to the sack I can just feel it, hope he makes it to January at least and gets some backing. It’s clear that with the right players he can do a job. I wonder how Fergie would’ve fared with these players today. I doubt half that lineup wouldn’t even be in a Fergie squad.
Cant agree with that Gio. Martial was a passenger yesterday and again, it wasnt the first time. Mourinho didnt rate Martial and it looks like Ole doesnt either. His work rate is piss poor. And Ole's tactics are an utter cluster fuck. Last week at Sheffield for instance he played 5-2-3, what in gods ball bag is that??? Persistently plays Lindelof who is fuckin awful when he should be playing Axel.
And your right, most of them wouldnt get a game under Fergie. But one thing is for sure, Fergie wouldnt have just bent over and let the likes of Herrera, Felliani, Sanchez and Smalling fuck us off without being replaced.
The dream is long over, its simply not working out. Its time to go and get an experienced manager and back him with the right funding. And allow him to ship out the deadwood thats been hanging around like a wet fart for far too long.

We need at least 6 or 7 fuckin off and replacing. We cant keep avoiding the issue. Its killing the club.

Cant agree with that Gio. Martial was a passenger yesterday and again, it wasnt the first time. Mourinho didnt rate Martial and it looks like Ole doesnt either. His work rate is piss poor. And Ole's tactics are an utter cluster fuck. Last week at Sheffield for instance he played 5-2-3, what in gods ball bag is that??? Persistently plays Lindelof who is fuckin awful when he should be playing Axel.
And your right, most of them wouldnt get a game under Fergie. But one thing is for sure, Fergie wouldnt have just bent over and let the likes of Herrera, Felliani, Sanchez and Smalling fuck us off without being replaced.
The dream is long over, its simply not working out. Its time to go and get an experienced manager and back him with the right funding. And allow him to ship out the deadwood thats been hanging around like a wet fart for far too long.

We need at least 6 or 7 fuckin off and replacing. We cant keep avoiding the issue. Its killing the club.
It was more of a 3-4-2-1 🤓 but yeah weird formation to start with anyway. 100% agree with your points though mate. I want to defend Ole but right now I’m running out of ways. Still fuming we let those players go without replacing them, Lukaku as well. 15 goals a season guaranteed, gone. I’m afraid Mourinho is going to be the one to get him sacked, imagine that!!