Match 22: Wolves (H), FA Cup 3rd round replay, January 15th: SEE RESULTS HERE

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
Entries are now closed for the Wolves FA Cup replay on Wednesday.

*** PLEASE SEE RESULTS IN MY POST BELOW ***

Unfortunately there was no posted predictions comp for the Norwich game due to technical reasons (that is, I was technically very drunk and thought I'd posted it when I hadn't). So to make up for it, as suggested by KP1980 this match is going to carry DOUBLE POINTS!

Enter your predictions below as follows:

(1) Predict the score, Man United vs Wolves (e.g. 1-0, 2-2, 1-2)

(2) Fantasy Three

(2a) Choose your three fantasy players (the players on the United side you believe will win most fantasy football points for this game):
*** NOTE *** -- Your fantasy 3 must comprise 1 defender or keeper, 1 midfielder and 1 forward, according to the following:
Defenders/keepers: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Kovar, Wan Bissaka, Williams, Maguire, Lindelof, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Dalot, Young, Laird, Bernard, Taylor, Mengi.
Midfielders: Pogba, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, Mata, Matic, Garner, Levitt, Lingard, Chong, Gomes, Galbraith, Puigmal
Forwards: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, James, Mellor, Ramazani

(2b) Choose a backup selection in case any of the above 3 do not take part in the game at all (they MUST be in the same category as the player who isn't selected, e.g. if you choose DDG, Pogba and Rashford with a sub of Martial and Pogba doesn't play, you will only score points for DDG and Rashford).

(3) Match Special Prediction

Predict each of the following - 5* points for each correct answer:

3a) To take some part in the game: Eric Bailly / Tim Fosu-Mensah / Neither / Both

3b) To score first United goal: Rashford / Martial / Greenwood / Someone else / No United goal

3c) To play in goal: De Gea / Romero / Neither

3d) Number of shots on target United have in 90 minutes: 3 or less / 4 to 7 / 8 or more

3e) Number of penalties missed in game (including penalty shoot-out if there is one): None / One / Two or more

Here is an example of how your post would look:

(1) 2-2
(2a) Maguire, Fred, Rashford
(2b) Martial
(3a) Both, (3b) Rashford, (3c) De Gea, (3d) 4 to 7, (3e) Two or more

* As explained above, everyone's total score for 1-3 will be doubled (single week score percentage won't be affected).

Cutoff time for entries: 7.15pm GMT Wednesday, or when team is announced, if sooner.

You can edit your entry until the teams are announced. For the full rules of the game, see the Rules and Prizes thread.

Good luck!

Last edited:
1. United 2 - 2 Wolves (United win on penalties)
2a. Williams, Fred, Rashford
2b. Greenwood
3a. Neither
3b. Greenwood
3c. Romero
3d. 4 to 7
3e. One

Last edited:
Hey Betty for Q3b, if my first choice striker doesn't play and my sub plays instead and scores will my answer for 3b change?

For example with mine, if I have Greenwood to score first but Rashford (who is my sub) plays, would my answer for 3b change to Rashford scoring first, or does it stick with Greenwood and not get any points

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
Hey Betty for Q3b, if my first choice striker doesn't play and my sub plays instead and scores will my answer for 3b change?

For example with mine, if I have Greenwood to score first but Rashford (who is my sub) plays, would my answer for 3b change to Rashford scoring first, or does it stick with Greenwood and not get any points
No, it wouldnt have counted

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
This week's winner was Hemor with 45 points, doubled up to 90. At this rate he could catch up the overall leaders despite only joining the competition half way through.

Nobody correctly predicted the score.

Zack chose the wrong game to score low, as with the double points he has been ousted from second place by two players - Rebelred and KP1980, and is now down to fourth. Dinesh has extended his lead at the top. See the Main competition results thread for the full table.

The fantasy scoring was: Mata 8; Martial, Romero, Lindelof, Williams, AWB 6; Maguire 5; Matic, James 3; Fred, Greenwood 2; Rashford, Pereira, Lingard 1

The scores were as follows:

1. Hemor
90​
2. Rebelred
82​
3= Dinesh Murugaiah
80​
3= KP1980
80​
5. Cal
72​
6. gio_m123
70​
7= Stevie Gs Red Card
58​
7= Aarondavidmitch
58​
7= andreascalleja
58​
10= Zack2108
48​
10= KtNextGen
48​

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
Sorry I forgot to say, the single week score was 45 out of a possible 63 (or 90 out of a possible 126 doubled). That's 71%, not enough to get on the leaderboard. But keep plugging away, getting the score spot on is key to success in that one.