MATCH 49 - SEVILLA (N), Europa League, Sunday 16th August - Results

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
*** CLOSED - SEE MY RESULTS POST BELOW ***

This could be the last round of the competition! And it is a bonus round...

Enter your predictions below.

(1) Predict the score, Man United v Sevilla (eg 0-0, 2-0, 1-3) (score after 90 minutes)

(2) Fantasy Three (points included from Extra time, if any, but not penalty shoot-out)

(2a) Choose your three fantasy players (the players on the United side you believe will win most fantasy football points for this game):
*** NOTE *** -- Your fantasy 3 must comprise 1 defender or keeper, 1 midfielder and 1 forward, according to the following:
Defenders/keepers: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Kovar, Wan Bissaka, Williams, Maguire, Lindelof, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Dalot, Laird, Bernard, Taylor, Mengi, Fosu-Mensah.
Midfielders: Fernandes, Pogba, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, Mata, Matic, Garner, Levitt, Lingard, Chong, Gomes, Galbraith, Puigmal
Forwards: Ighalo, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, James, Mellor, Ramazani

(2b) Choose a backup selection in case any of the above 3 do not take part in the game at all (they MUST be in the same category as the player who isn't selected, e.g. if you choose DDG, Pogba and Rashford with a sub of Martial and Pogba doesn't play, you will only score points for DDG and Rashford).

(3) Match Special Predictions – same format as for the Copenhagen game.

5 points for each correct answer and 50 bonus points if you get all 5!

(3a) Who will start in goal for United: De Gea/Romero/Neither*

(3b) Who will score first: Martial/Greenwood/Neither*

(3c) Who will score or assist first? Pogba/Fernandes/Neither*

(3d) Who will come on as sub first? Lingard/Ighalo/Neither

(3e) When will the match be won (by either side)? After 90 Minutes/After Extra Time/After Penalties

(Note: in 3b, 3c and 3d the question is who will be first of these two, not who will be first overall. For example, If Pogba scores the first goal, Martial scores the second and Greenwood scores the third, then the correct answer to (3b) is Martial. If Fred comes on as sub first but then Ighalo comes on, the correct answer to (3d) would be Ighalo. ‘Neither’ is if neither player scores/assists/is subbed at all. These options all include extra time, if any)

Example of how your entry should look:
(1) 2-0
(2a) Maguire, Bruno, Martial
(2b) Martial
(3a) Romero
(3b) Martial
(3c) Fernandes
(3d) Lingard
(3e) After 90

Cutoff time for entries: 7pm BST Sunday, or when team is announced, if sooner.

Good luck!

Last edited:

SEB

Academy Regular
1. United 2-0 Sevilla
2a. Romero, Bruno, Greenwood
2b. Martial
3a. Romero
3b. Greenwood
3c. Bruno
3d. Lingard
3e. 90 mins

Cal

Reserves Captain
1.1-0 United
2a. AWB, Bruno, Greenwood
2b. Rashford
3a. Romero
3b. Greenwood
3c. Neither
3d. Ighalo
3e. After 90 minutes

1. United 1 - 1 Sevilla
2a. AWB, Fernandes, Greenwood
2b. Martial
3a. Romero
3b. Greenwood
3c. Fernandes
3d. Ighalo
3e. After Extra Time

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
Yes indeed, congrats to Dinesh for winning the competition and the signed 2006 shirt. Please PM me with your address Dinesh and I'll send the shirt to you.

Dinesh was also the winner of this match with 27 pts (47%). The single week score winner remained all season from match 1 and was Abit07, please also PM me Abit for your prize of the 2020/21 kit.

Guys as for next season, I have got prize sponsors lined up to run the competition off our Facebook page, as the forum has not really taken off and the facebook page has over 2.25 million followers. I want to do a simplified version of what we have done this season (1) Predict the score (2) Predict the team (3) Match special. But as there will probably be a few thousand taking part I am going to need some help if I'm going to run it. If any of you would be willing to do so, please let me know asap, that would be great.

Anyway, scoring for this final match of the season was:
Bruno 6
Martial 5
Greenwood, Fred, Pogba 2
Rashford, DDG, Lindelof, Awb, Mata, Ighalo, Fosu-Mensah, James 1
Maguire, Williams 0

And the results were:

1. Dinesh Murugaiah
27​
2. KP1980
26​
3. KtNextGen
25​
4. Cal
19​
5. SEB
18​
6. Zack2108
14​
7. Stevie Gs Red Card
13​

KP1980

Academy Star
lmao....well since the competition will be on facebook next season I won't be playing since I'm not on Facebook so it was nice while it lasted

Cal

Reserves Captain
Thanks for running this Betty!
Have you considered making the entry form a google forms page? That will make every entry neatly fill in a google sheets page which you can analyze or format however you'd like. I can help if you wish