Mauricio Pochettino: A thread

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
Taking our current predicament into consideration in all fairness it has to happen.
But it cant happen until the summer. Or at least extremely unlikely. A clause in his Spurs contract means he will lose £12 million of his compensation package if he signs for any other club before the end of the season.

But there's no doubting the club will be making arrangements. If they havent already started.

Cal

Reserves Regular
Yeah i agree, if it happens it will probably be starting for Summer.

Chances that Ole is kept on as DoC?

Cal

Reserves Regular
Seeing Eriksen as linked to us consistently again. How was his relationship with Poch? In the likely scenario where Poch is brought on, would Eriksen do well under his old Manager or while there be conflict of personalities?

After the shite we've just watched this afternoon I'm beginning to think that Ole can't get the best out of this bunch. I love Ole but I love the club more and these performances can't continue

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
After the shite we've just watched this afternoon I'm beginning to think that Ole can't get the best out of this bunch. I love Ole but I love the club more and these performances can't continue
Ole has been doomed for months in my opinion. Its looked to me for a while that Carrick and Phelan have basically been waiting to be removed. Its no secret that Ole is clueless. A boy in a mans job. But the key thing here is that he was cheap. And he was what the fans demanded. Thats why Woodwood couldnt give him the job quick enough because it gets him off the hook. And he wont come kicking doors down demanding more money to spend.
Ole basically is paid to stand in front of the cameras at the end of a game and take the heat. All this bollocks that some jokers buy into about Ole .........."He's going the right way because he's off loading the deadwood and using more youth"? He's not off loading no fucker.

Ed Deadwood was under strict instruction to slash the wage bill massively. It was his handy work that seen Smalling, Darmian, Sanchez and Lukaku out of the club. Absolutely nothing to do with Ole. Ole was told that to bring in any new players we have to sell. The only reason we got Maguire is because Lukaku agreed to leave, otherwise it wouldnt have happened.

The youth players have been getting game time because the squad is so thin. The players that left have not been replaced. Herrera has already gone public saying the reason he left was because "Unfortunately the football on the pitch is not the priority at United".
That is a massively damning statement, particularly as it came from one of our senior players.

You only have to listen to Ole's press conferences to see it is absolutely crystal that he is always reading from a brief. If you look closely you can actually see the strings like a Thunderbirds dummy.

The upshot of all that is clear. The owners of the club have long give up the ghost on massive investment. Its over. The end. It doesnt make good business sense to try and catch up with Liverpool and City. It would be massively expensive with zero guarantee. Theyre business men, not gamblers.

Ole is in the job for financial reasons, not for football reasons. Thats why we are where we are.

There's only a quality proven manager with a trusted backroom staff, and £350 million to spend, is going to get us out of this fuckin mess.
And for that to happen the Glazers need to sell up.

Rumours have started again. Woodward's got previous in going behind the managers back so may be there's solid ground behind the rumours. Pity he don't sack himself first though