Should a striker be the priority?

Which position should be the top priority for January signings?

• Central Midfield

• Right Wing

• Striker

• Number 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Betty

Assistant Manager
Staff member
The Evening Standard are saying that signing a striker is the priority for the January window.

Do you think that's right?

I'm totally up for signing Haaland, but for me, central midfield has got to be the top priority. We have Martial, Rashford and Greenwood who are comfortable playing at no 9 - three players for one position, whereas we only have Pogba, McSauce and Fred who are comfortable playing in the midfield 2 or 3 (depending on formation). Matic is gone - physically and mentally - and even with Garner coming through we're woefully short. I'd say 2nd priority is a no. 10. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
The Evening Standard are saying that signing a striker is the priority for the January window.

Do you think that's right?

I'm totally up for signing Haaland, but for me, central midfield has got to be the top priority. We have Martial, Rashford and Greenwood who are comfortable playing at no 9 - three players for one position, whereas we only have Pogba, McSauce and Fred who are comfortable playing in the midfield 2 or 3 (depending on formation). Matic is gone - physically and mentally - and even with Garner coming through we're woefully short. I'd say 2nd priority is a no. 10. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
No dice Betty. Ive never been convinced Martial is the what a lot of fans had hoped of him. Rash is never a striker and Greenwood is still a kid learning his trade. We need a potent weapon up top, have done for some years.

Cal

Reserves Captain
Im convinced we need a proper attacking midfielder the most. We're top heavy in strikers, but our "neck" is weak, consisting of Pereira, Matic, and Lingard in that order. I was thinking about this the other day, and who of our academy could potentially be groomed to own this space. Gomes is the clear choice here, but assuming he doesn't sign an extension; Who else?

I'll refer to those here with better eyes for this sort of stuff, but what about Greenwood for no. 10? From what I've seen he's good on his feet, dribbled very well. and seems to be calm on the finish, which could relate well to having vision and making key passes. Am I on target here? Is he creative enough?