Tranmere Rovers v Manchester United - Matchday Thread

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
Hey Bobbins, nice to meet you mate!

Is it bad if I say I’m actually not sure if we’ll win tomorrow? I just don’t know what to expect with this team anymore.

Bobbins

Academy Regular
Yeah, it's gotten to that stage hasn't it! Us causing an upset!

Going to be a banana skin this game, I understand Tranmere's pitch is terrible, bit like the way we play football 🙄

Cal

Reserves Captain
Welcome Bob! I also dont know what to expect.
Ideally we want to play our best players, but its Tranmere....
But also it would happen to us to lose to Tranmere and get kicked off the cup.

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
He's doomed at the end of the season anyway. So i dont think the club will knee jerk. Every **** and his dog knew at Christmas Van Gaal was getting the chop at the end of the season even if he won the FA cup.
There's striking similarities for Ole.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
H
He's doomed at the end of the season anyway. So i dont think the club will knee jerk. Every **** and his dog knew at Christmas Van Gaal was getting the chop at the end of the season even if he won the FA cup.
There's striking similarities for Ole.
Honestly only way I can see him staying is top 4/Europa league. Overachievement with this team, don’t think he would get sacked then. Anything less I agree he’s gone

THE BASTARD

Reserves Newbie
The thing is this Gio. I cant see the club trusting Ole with any war chest for new players, theyre simply not going to come. We will have to have an experienced manager and his back room staff. Ole and his staff have been found out badly. If Ole was to stay then that would signal resignation on behalf of the club. And that wouldnt go down very well at all. The bigger problem is what do the Glazers do with Ed Deadwood?
He has been pivotal to the clubs demise. Clearly over stepping his role at the club by meddling in football affairs, bringing in "shirt sellers", not players that actually fit in, and its squandered hundreds of millions. Its going to be interesting thats for sure.

gio_m123

Reserves Regular
The thing is this Gio. I cant see the club trusting Ole with any war chest for new players, theyre simply not going to come. We will have to have an experienced manager and his back room staff. Ole and his staff have been found out badly. If Ole was to stay then that would signal resignation on behalf of the club. And that wouldnt go down very well at all. The bigger problem is what do the Glazers do with Ed Deadwood?
He has been pivotal to the clubs demise. Clearly over stepping his role at the club by meddling in football affairs, bringing in "shirt sellers", not players that actually fit in, and its squandered hundreds of millions. Its going to be interesting thats for sure.
Absolutely! But that’s just so confusing, why appoint him permanently in the first place? Woodward would’ve known Ole’s lack of experience and would’ve known it was a risk to go for him. He said that he would give his backing. If he goes back on that and sacks another manager, we have wasted another year 🤦🏻‍♂️

The state of the playing surface has been well criticized all week but Tranmere are in the bottom three of the old third division so they can't play on it either. If we don't put these away we're even shitter that I thought we were.

We should be putting 5 or 6 past these guys but I'll settle for a win of any description to avoid a replay

Well well, we're playing a 3-4-1-2 with Jones amongst the 3 and Bailly on the bench. Then there's Lingard and Shaw and Williams, James, Fred all on the bench. So a few slow movers on a tough surface - welcome to the FA Cup, a tournament of upsets!!

Bobbins

Academy Regular
3-0 so far. Cracker outside the box from Maguire flew into the top corner.

Dalot with a really good finish and a Lingard curler to make it 3.

This could finish 10-0 😂