Published on January 22nd, 2013 | by samp5
Mexican winger to join United on trial according to South American media
According to various sources including Cancha, Jurgen Damm will be joining Manchester United on trial this January.
The 20-year-old winger, who currently plays for Estudiantes Tecos in Mexico’s Second Division, has been linked with a move to a bigger team after impressing in the Mexican lower leagues.
This link comes less than week after Leicester youngster Jeffrey Schlupp joined up at Carrington for a trial and with a host of names including Brady, King, Henriquez and Petrucci leaving the club either permanently or on loan, there is certainly space for players in the U21s.
The Peoples Person asked for a few words on Jurgen Damm from respected Mexican journalist Tom Marshall, who raised his scepticism over the potential trial. He said:
“Jurgen is a fast and tricky winger but he has only started two games in Mexico’s Second Division and that is what worries me.
“He’s been talked about for a while and the amount of interest suggests scouts see something.
“There has been a lot of Liga MX sides after him over the winter period.”
Due to his German father, Damm has a European passport and would be able to come to Carrington without having to apply for a work permit – something which almost scuppered Javier Hernandez’s move in the summer of 2010.
Given the success of Javier Hernandez’s move, any player from the Mexican league will be surely be welcomed with open arms from United.
About the Author
samp Owner. Editor. Fan. Website founded in 2011. Since then, we have been producing daily analysis, news and opinion on Manchester United. Keep up-to-date with The Peoples Person.
- EXCLUSIVE: Brazilian striker’s agent discusses his move to Manchester United June 20th | by samp
- VIDEO: Japan’s Shinji Kagawa scores stunning swivel volley vs Italy June 19th | by samp
- PICTURE: Spain team-mate tells Thiago ‘See you in Manchester’ June 19th | by samp
- David Moyes given baptism of fire as Manchester United manager June 19th | by samp
- United flop takes a swiping shot ahead of expected departure June 19th | by Abdullah