Published on October 11th, 2012 | by samp0
Nick Powell ruled out of England U21 games
Nick Powell was in line to make his U21 debut against Serbia on October 12 but has now pulled out of the games due to illness.
“Nick has had a bug since day one. We tried to give him every chance to be fit and shake it off but we’ve had to send him back to his club, too. Hopefully he’ll be back with us next month.” Stuart Pearce
It is a blow for the 18-year-old who has done nothing but impress since his arrival from Crewe Alexandra this summer. Having represented England at younger levels, it is a natural progression that he is involved in the U21s but it won’t be happening in this international break.
His screamer of a goal against Wigan on his debut was hopefully a glimpse of what we should expect to see in the future and with Sir Alex hailing him as a potential successor to Scholes, the hype around him is quickly growing.
Nick Powell will return to Carrington during the break now to continue training ahead of the next Premier League fixture against Stoke.
- Manchester United 0-1 Newcastle United: Five lessons we learned December 7th | by samp
- CONFIRMED: Manchester United vs Newcastle – RVP starts, Zaha in squad December 7th | by samp
- Manchester United’s perfect Brazilian midfielder swap deal including Anderson hits contract snag December 7th | by samp
- Javier Hernandez is the shining example December 7th | by samp
- Rio Ferdinand inexplicably twists the knife into David Moyes December 7th | by samp