Published on October 3rd, 2012 | by samp2
Nick Powell’s impressive season keeps getting better
“Nick Powell got his move from Crewe, to a massive club at United, and has made his first team bow. He has a really bright future. I’m really looking forward to bringing them into the squad to give us a lift. They couldn’t come in at a more crucial time.” Stuart Pearce
Nick Powell has been called up to the England U21 squad to face Serbia in the Euro 2013 play-offs.
Twelve months ago, Nick Powell was plying his trade in League Two with Crewe Alexandra but since making a summer move to Manchester United, his stock has spiralled skywards.
He scored a howitzer on his league debut against Wigan Athletic and has really settled in superbly, earning plaudits from players and managers alike.
Few could have expected the 18-year-old to settle as quickly as he has but it is a testament to his mature, level headed approach so far. Sir Alex Ferguson even went as far as saying that Powell has the ability to replace Scholes – no doubt the highest praise an English midfielder can receive.
He will join Ben Amos in the U21 squad to face Serbia on October 12 and 16 and it will be exciting to see if he can transfer it to the international stage.
- Manchester United lose out on signing record breaking Brazilian striker December 5th | by samp
- Loan Round Up: Keane and Powell suffer at the hands of Leeds December 5th | by GirlOnUtd
- PICTURE: David Moyes slaughtered by Manchester United fans after Everton loss December 5th | by samp
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 0-1 Everton – Fellaini found his feet December 5th | by Tom Parker
- Robin van Persie effectively ruled out of Newcastle game December 5th | by samp