Published on July 2nd, 2013 | by samp0
PICTURE: Old Trafford transformation nears completion
An £800,000 overhaul of Old Trafford’s pitch is nearly complete after weeks of work over the summer.
The change was certainly needed after the surface began to show real signs of ageing just after the Christmas break and it is the first time that the grass has been fully replaced since 2004.
A part synthetic surface similar to that at Wembley will be used and it is already starting to look like a snooker table.
At times last year, the badly cut pitch worked against Manchester United in some games and it stopped Darren Fletcher from playing at all because it was too heavy for him to play on.
And with a velvet surface, it should be the perfect tool for United to build a slick passing game on with Kagawa, van Persie, Rooney et al likely to be able to play much smoother football on it.
- Manchester United handed tough FA Cup draw against Premier League opposition December 8th | by samp
- David Moyes isn’t wholly to blame and every United fan knows it December 8th | by samp
- No excuses for Shinji Kagawa December 8th | by samp
- Loan Round Up: Powell provides threat to any Manchester United midfielder December 8th | by GirlOnUtd
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 0-1 Newcastle – Januzaj can’t save the day December 8th | by Tom Parker