Published on October 3rd, 2012 | by samp11
Rafael wins his first personal Manchester United award
Rafael has officially been named Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September – and rightly so.
The Brazilian has been very consistent this season and has really come on as a player already this year. His most memorable performance of the month will is undoubtedly the 2-1 win away at Liverpool in which he scored a stunning equaliser with his weaker foot.
Considering how badly Patrice Evra is playing, it is a testament to his maturity and attitude. He has constantly been a menacing outlet for us on the right wing but it isn’t just his attacking prowess that has earned him plaudits.
Taking part with Brazil in the 2012 London Olympics has helped him no end and with the international experience under his belt, he has been ever improving all round.
His defensive game has dramatically improved. He has attempted the most tackles (31) and completed over half of them (16) in 477 minutes of Premier League action. His closest counterpart is Gibbs who has attempted 30 and completed 20 in 566 minutes of football.
Alongside a significant improvement in his tackles which were wayward to say the least in years gone by, his temperament has dramatically improved.
He is far from the finished product yet but at the age of 22, he has plenty of time to grow. Sir Alex should give Gary Neville a call to see if he can come in and give him a few tips – who better to learn from?
- Dutch expert expects more injuries from Robin van Persie this season December 9th | by samp
- David Moyes confirms his January transfer intentions to bring in new players who aren’t panic buys December 9th | by samp
- Carrick, Kagawa and Powell named in top 10 misfiring Manchester United midfielders in ridiculous article December 9th | by samp
- David Moyes explains his use of Anderson and Wilfried Zaha December 9th | by samp
- Manchester United’s pursuit of golden midfielder suffers setback December 9th | by samp