Published on October 11th, 2012 | by samp2
Rafael scoops second Manchester United award in a month
Rafael’s stunning strike against Liverpool has officially been named Manchester United’s Goal of the Month for September.
It’s definitely the best one I’ve scored for United. It was a good moment to get it because it was so quick after they scored. I was so pleased [to score] for the fans. They always give me such great support and I know this is an important game for them so I’m very happy.” Rafael
He picked up a massive 61% of the vote with Alexander Buttner’s effort his closest competitor with 15%.
What a start to the season it has been for the young Brazilian. I’d go as far as saying he has been one of our best players so far this season and if he can keep up his fantastic start, he’ll definitely be in for a Player of the Year nomination.
Taking part with Brazil in the 2012 London Olympics has obviously helped him no end and with the international experience under his belt, he has been ever improving all round. If we can nail down a stable centre back partnership and Evra/Buttner can get the best out of each other, our defence will be looking very strong indeed.
Well done Rafael.
- Loan Round Up: Powell provides threat to any Manchester United midfielder December 8th | by GirlOnUtd
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 0-1 Newcastle – Januzaj can’t save the day December 8th | by Tom Parker
- David Moyes confirms Robin van Persie hasn’t handed in a transfer request December 8th | by samp
- Manchester United 0-1 Newcastle United: Five lessons we learned December 7th | by samp
- CONFIRMED: Manchester United vs Newcastle – RVP starts, Zaha in squad December 7th | by samp