Published on July 9th, 2013 | by samp0
Robin van Persie nominated for UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
Robin van Persie has been nominated on a ten man shortlist for the 2012/13 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.
The 29-year-old certainly deserves his place on the list after a stunning 30 goal debut season that spearheaded Manchester United to their 20th title.
It is the third year that the award has been running with Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta winning the two previous awards.
Alongside him from the Premier League is Gareth Bale with the list unsurprisingly dominated by Bayern Munich’s treble winning team. Here is the list in full.
Gareth Bale (WAL – Tottenham Hotspur FC); Cristiano Ronaldo (POR –Real Madrid CF); Zlatan Ibrahimović (SWE – Paris Saint-Germain); Robert Lewandowski (POL – Borussia Dortmund); Lionel Messi (ARG – FC Barcelona); Thomas Müller (GER – FC Bayern München); Franck Ribéry (FRA – FC Bayern München); Arjen Robben(NED – FC Bayern München); Bastian Schweinsteiger (GER – FC Bayern München); Robin van Persie (NED – Manchester United FC).
The shortlist will now be subject to a second vote with a three man shortlist being announced on 6 August and the winner will be presented with the award in Monaco on 29 August during the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League group stage draw.
- Contradiction in Manchester United’s January pursuit of Ander Herrera December 5th | by samp
- Danny Welbeck placed in the firing line December 5th | by samp
- Manchester United lose out on signing record breaking Brazilian striker December 5th | by samp
- Loan Round Up: Keane and Powell suffer at the hands of Leeds December 5th | by GirlOnUtd
- PICTURE: David Moyes slaughtered by Manchester United fans after Everton loss December 5th | by samp