Published on July 9th, 2013 | by Tom Parker3
Strootman refuses to close the door on Manchester United move
Kevin Strootman has re-affirmed his desire to move away from PSV this summer despite the club standing firm that he will not be sold this year.
The 23-year-old was widely regarded to be likely to leave PSV but the Dutch outfit’s technical director publicly said that Strootman would remain at the club for at least one more year.
Despite PSV’s unwillingness to let him move, Strootman seems to be forcing the issue by stating that several clubs are interested in signing him.
“There are several clubs interested, but only when they reach an agreement with PSV do I come into the picture,” he told Voetbal International.
“This is not to say that any are in the world’s top six.
“There is also interest from Russia, but that is not an option for me. I do not make hasty decisions about my future.
“The opinion of Holland coach Louis van Gaal is also very important with the World Cup in Brazil next year.”
United scout Jim Lawlor was present for Holland’s opening match at the Euro U21 Championships, of which Strootman was skipper, but speculation cooled with United appearing to switch focus to Thiago Alcantara after a bargain release clause became apparent.
In all honesty, Strootman didn’t stand out at the U21 Championships with Holland. His powerful box-to-box game that he showed capably in the Eredivisie wasn’t on show in the competition and he wasn’t that impressive.
I’d much rather United continued their pursuit of Thiago rather than looking at Strootman because of the balance he would provide in the midfield alongside Carrick.
- Moyes confirms he wants signings in January and admits Kagawa concern December 6th | by samp
- Shinji Kagawa suffers health scare after ambulance called for him due to breathing difficulties December 6th | by samp
- Shinji Kagawa tells David Moyes what he has been waiting to hear December 6th | by samp
- United given hope in signing Gundogan after Dortmund admit they don’t know what will happen December 6th | by samp
- The real reason behind Manchester United’s struggles is beyond David Moyes’ control December 6th | by samp