Published on November 17th, 2012 | by Dillioni1
U18s Report: Aston Villa 0-2 Manchester United
Aston Villa U18s 0-2 Manchester United U18s
(Weir 47, Barmby Pen 61)
Manchester United’s U18s defeated Aston Villa 2-0 this afternoon in a feisty encounter in the midlands. Aston Villa, who failed to really test John Sutherland at any point in the game managed to accrue six yellow cards, which is something out of the ordinary for this level of football.
The first half went by without a real clear cut chance for either team, although Manchester United did play some good passing football as Villa pressed high up the pitch, tackling hard. Ben Pearson in particular put in a display to be proud of as he seemed to be everywhere in midfield, stopping Villa’s attacking moves whilst helping Manchester United move forward.
The opening goal game in the first few minutes of the second half as Pearson played a good ball to Adnan Januzaj on the left wing. Januzaj’s cross was deflected into the path of James Weir who slotted home from six yards.
With Jack Barmby coming on for Mats Daehli at half time, Manchester United looked more direct in their play and had a good chance to go 2-0 in the 63rd minute. Pearson linked up well with Barmby who jinked his way past two players only to see his shot just wide.
The second goal came minutes later, as Barmby was brought down in the penalty area. He fired the penalty home to make it 2-0 to Manchester United. The result was a good win for United who remain in second place in the league, sitting four points behind league leaders Southampton.
Manchester United: Sutherland, Love, Dalley, Grimshaw , Rowley, Weir (Gorre 70), Pearson, Rudge , Daehli (Barmby 45),Januzaj , and Wilson(Byrne 65) . Sub not used: Gollini, Evans
- Representative of Brazil’s Player of the Year confirms United talks have begun December 5th | by samp
- Scholes believes it is time Cleverley improved and feels Moyes will buy in January if necessary December 5th | by samp
- Contradiction in Manchester United’s January pursuit of Ander Herrera December 5th | by samp
- Danny Welbeck placed in the firing line December 5th | by samp
- Manchester United lose out on signing record breaking Brazilian striker December 5th | by samp