Shinji Kagawa rejects Dortmund move to stay at Manchester United

Shinji Kagawa rejects Dortmund move to stay at Manchester United

Shinji Kagawa has rejected the opportunity to rejoin Borussia Dortmund in order to fight for his place at Manchester United.

The 24-year-old is yet to start for David Moyes in the Premier League and many had feared that he would be interested in leaving Old Trafford in order to secure more guaranteed game time.

But Dortmund’s sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed that Kagawa and United both rejected Dortmund’s advances to take the player back to Germany.

“After the departure of Mario Götze was certain, of course, our first idea was to assess how things stand in the case Shinji Kagawa,” Zorc said.

“Shinji has always said that he would someday return to Dortmund, but after a call, it was clear that neither the player nor Manchester United were interested in an exchange at this time.”

Good on you, Shinji. Players who are willing to fight for their place at United generally have the right mentality to succeed and it is a testament to the strength of our squad that Kagawa is yet to feature.

There is no doubt regarding his talent and he should have come off the bench against Chelsea because his creative spark could have lifted United to victory. Away to Liverpool on Sunday is always a tough fixture but it would be the perfect time to let Kagawa prove himself on the biggest stage, an opportunity he has earned this summer.

Image: Twitter/ManUtd

  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Google Plus
  • Share via Email


Latest

About The Author

Sam founded The Peoples Person back in 2011 after writing his university dissertation on The Munich Air Disaster. Since then, the website has been creating daily Man United content on everything from transfers and features to full match day coverage.