Upset…he certainly has plenty of reasons to be upset doesn’t he?
1. He finally won a Premier League medal in his first season at Old Trafford after nine years of pain at Arsenal.
2. He is a fans’ favourite at the club already after just one year of playing at the club.
3. He was named Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year Awards at Manchester United’s Annual Awards in his debut season.
4. His volley against Aston Villa was named Goal of the Season.
5. He became the first player in Premier League history to win the Golden Boot for two consecutive seasons for different clubs.
6. He got to experience football under Sir Alex Ferguson.
7. The little boy inside of him is even happier this summer than he was last year.
8. His arms are still hurting because the Premier League trophy was too heavy to hold.
Van Persie is far from upset at Old Trafford. He leads by example and has become an instant icon at United. That hasn’t changed under Moyes. He has started this season exactly how he finished the last and will continue to do the same.
And today, he has spoken to De Telegraaf in Holland to say how great he is finding working with David Moyes at United.
“Its great working with the new manager David Moyes. He has his own style and methods and I like these,” he said.
“We are working very hard from the day we started our tour to Asia and Australia. This will result in good matches, that’s for sure. There is a very good atmosphere at the club.
“I’m happy with the style of Moyes. He does his own training sessions, he’s close with the players and prepares us with his staff very well for the next opponent. That keeps us in shape. Luckily, because the title of last year gave us hunger for more.”
After so long at Arsenal without silverware, Van Persie listened to the little boy inside him and moved to Old Trafford. A year later and a Premier League medal heavier, that little boy remains as happy as can be.