Javier Hernandez has been dropped from Mexico’s squad to face New Zealand in their crucial World Cup play-off that they must win in order to qualify for the 2014 Brazil World Cup.
No European players have been called up for Mexico’s crucial two leg play-off against New Zealand with the likes of Giovanni dos Santos also left out of squad alongside Hernandez.
Chicharito was already banned from the first leg against New Zealand after picking up a yellow card in their last group stage game against Costa Rica despite the fact that he was the one who was on the end of the a foul rather than the other way around.
His exclusion from the squad is hopefully more to do with the fact that he wasn’t able to take part in any friendlies in the past week as part of Mexico’s training ahead of their crucial play-off against New Zealand rather than as a consequence of his topsy turvy form with Mexico as with United, as he has scored three times in the past two games to show that form is temporary and class is permanent.
Here is the squad in full:
1. – Jose de Jesus Corona Rodriguez – Cruz Azul
2. – Moisés Alberto Muñoz Rodriguez – Latin
3. – Alfredo Talavera Díaz – Toluca
4. – Rafael Márquez Álvarez-León
5. – Juan Carlos Valenzuela Hernandez – America
6. – Francisco Javier Rodríguez Pinedo – America
7. – Paul Nicolas Aguilar Rojas – Latin
8. – Layún Arturo Miguel Prado – America
9. – Edwin William Hernandez Herrera – Leon
10. – Adrian Alexei Aldrete Rodriguez – America
11. – Miguel Angel Herrera Equihua – Pachuca
12 . – Hiram Ricardo Mier Alanis – Monterrey
13. – Rodrigo Salinas Dorantes – Morelia
14. – Juan Carlos Medina Alonso – America
15. – Antonio Naelson Matias – Toluca
16. – Carlos Alberto Peña Rodríguez – Leon
17. – Luis Angel Mendoza Escamilla – America
18. – Luis Arturo Montes Jiménez – Leon
19. – Jesus Antonio Molina Granados-America
20. – Jesus Alonso Lugo Escoboza – Santos
21. – Oribe Peralta Morones-Santos
22. – Raul Alonso Jiménez Rodríguez – America
23. – Jesus Aldo De Nigris Guajardo-Guadalajara