Report – Manchester United ready to hijack deal for Enzo Perez

by Sam Peoples

Enzo Perez is once again on Manchester United’s radar and the club is reportedly preparing to hijack the Argentinian midfielder’s proposed move to Valencia, according to O Jogo.

Following a successful season with Benfica, in which he helped the club achieve a record 33rd Portuguese title and a Europa League final appearance, Perez is understood to be looking at opportunities away from Estádio da Luz.

It is rumoured Perez, who came on for injured team-mate and United transfer target Ángel di María against Belgium in the World Cup quarter-final, already has an agreement to join Valencia.

However, with uncertainty still rife at Mestalla Stadium surrounding a takeover bid by billionaire Peter Lim, Manchester United are hoping to secure the energetic midfielder’s services in the meantime.

That being said, only last month Perez moved to quash any move way but things can change overnight in football.

“There are negotiations between other clubs and Benfica about me,” Perez told Argentine TV station TyC Sports at the time.

“I know that Valencia and Manchester United are interested. There are serious possibilities to leave after the World Cup.”

Perez looks set to meet Louis van Gaal on Wednesday night in Sao Paulo, as the Netherlands and Argentina go head-to-head for a place in Sunday’s World Cup final, so it’d be the perfect time to impress the Dutchman if a move was on the cards.

Image: Twitter/plazadeportiva_

Latest Top Stories...