Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal says he is disgusted at constant rumours in the press about how much he will spend in the upcoming transfer windows, saying it is ‘disrespectful to my players’.
Van Gaal has already spent £150m during his short time at the club and last night several national newspapers claimed United would spend big again in the summer with names such as Kevin Strootman, Diego Godin, Nathaniel Clyne and Arjen Robben being mentioned across the board.
Since Sir Alex Ferguson‘s departure, United have leaked much more information to the press on a regular basis about spending and financial figures and despite it appearing the press have jumped on another of these situations, van Gaal was unhappy with the stories.
Speaking at his Friday press conference, the boss said: “I think it is disgusting how you always write about the numbers, it is disrespectful to my players.”
The Dutchman also reiterated his point from the summer that speaking out about transfers and potential targets does the club no good and only increases the value of said players.
“When Manchester is coming, clubs always ask for more money.”
Ed Woodward has previously said United would only spend in January should any of their prime targets become available but the constant leaks do suggest people inside Old Trafford want to put it out there that there is more big spending to come next summer.