Nathaniel Clyne is yet to make a decision on whether he wants to stay at Southampton and Ronald Koeman is keen to get one as soon as possible.
The 24-year-old has been repeatedly linked with Manchester United as a replacement for Rafael who is expected to leave the club this summer.
Last week, Koeman said there was a ten day deadline for Clyne to make his decision but he is yet to inform Southampton of his intentions.
Luke Shaw made the move from Southampton to Man United last summer and that remains a possibility for Clyne this year up until he either commits his future to the South coast club or makes clear of his intentions to leave.
“Of course, we like to know what he decides and then if he accepts this offer from the club,” Koeman said this week.
“We like to know it. After the weekend, it will be a good time to sit together and mention what will happen with Clyne. I can give him some advice, but it’s difficult. He has to make that decision.
Clyne’s choice to delay the decision as long as possible is indicative of his desire to play in the Champions League and with Southampton now eight points behind Man United with three games to play, it looks highly unlikely they will qualify for Europe’s elite competition.
In that same sense, Clyne is likely waiting to see whether Man United qualify and if they secure fourth position on Saturday, the 24-year-old may well be ready to make his decision.