Kevin De Bruyne: Manchester City will attack Manchester United

by Tanveer Arayan

Manchester City forward Kevin de Bruyne has insisted his side will be looking to attack when they travel to Old Trafford to face Manchester United on Sunday.

De Bruyne moved to City from Wolfsburg for a record transfer fee this summer and has already registered five goals and five assists in all competitions so far.

The Belgian will likely be City’s main attacking outlet as Manuel Pellegrini’s side will be without Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling for the clash.

De Bruyne is hopeful of securing a positive result for the club’s fans when the two sides meet this weekend.

“We shouldn’t play defensive because our main strength lies going forward, though we need to stay disciplined”, De Bruyne said.

“We know it will be difficult. Man United have been a top team for a long time and the rivalry between us and them obviously runs deep, but the season is very long – that said, we know what it means to our supporters and it would be nice if we could go there and get three points.”

Keeping De Bruyne quiet at Old Trafford could be the key to securing a positive result on Sunday. While City have a number of dangerous players such as Raheem Sterling and Yaya Toure, De Bruyne is certainly the danger man. Louis van Gaal would be wise to limit his influence on the fixture.

Latest Top Stories...