Manchester United have appointed former Ajax scout Henny de Regt as part of their academy revamp.
Don’t know much about de Regt? Here’s a few facts about the Dutchman to offer you a bit of insight into him.
1. He served Ajax for 18 years in a variety of roles which included being a scout, a youth coach and an analyst.
2. De Regt used to be Head of Youth Scouting at Ajax was fired in September 2012 due to a working relationship which was beyond repair.
3. He also worked for the Serbian national team as a scout and advisor.
4. He found Matthijs De Ligt for Ajax who is a 15 year old centre-back who recently played for Ajax U-19 in the UEFA Youth League.
5. De Regt also scouted players as Eriksen, Fischer and Boilesen
6. De Regt is also credited for playing a part in the development and buying of the likes of Gregory van der Wiel, Rafael van der Vaart, Wesley Sneijder, Nigel de Jong, Johnny Heitinga, Maarten Stekelenburg, Kenneth Vermeer and Jan Vertonghen.