Zlatan Ibrahimovic is either joining Man United or the MLS – report

by Tanveer Arayan

Manchester United only have a 10% chance of signing Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to Sky Sports Italia journalist Alessandro Alciato.

The 34-year-old is out of contract this summer and has confirmed on Twitter he will be playing his final home game for French champions this weekend.

Alciato suggested Ibrahimovic will join LA Galaxy. He has been previously linked with the American side to add more titles to his name alongside the likes of Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Robbie Keane and Giovanni dos Santos.

Ibrahimovic has confirmed a number of Premier League offers and has been consistently linked with big-money moves to Man United and AC Milan, but it looks like a move to MLS may well now be on the cards.

Speaking about Zlatan’s future, Alciato believes LA Galaxy have a 90% chance of signing Zlatan whilst United only have a 10% chance.

Alciato was one of the first to report that Ibrahimovic would be announcing his move away from PSG to fans, so people will be looking to see what he has to say about a potential transfer.

Elsewhere, French journalist Mohamed Bouhafsi also says Ibrahimovic will either be joining United or moving to the MLS. For those with great memories, you’ll remember Bouhafsi was the first journalist to push the story of Anthony Martial joining United.

Going back to Zlatan, he would add plenty of quality and talent to a squad which has struggled for goals this season, but he may not be at the club for very long as he enters the latter stages of his career aged 34.

Marcus Rashford has started 16 of United’s last 17 games and with Wayne Rooney now playing as a midfielder and Anthony Martial deployed on the wing, United are in need of an experienced striker up front.

James Wilson and Ashley Fletcher will return from their loan spells at Brighton and Barnsley to help take the pressure off Rashford but with United set to break another record of the least goals scored in the season, the side is crying for a proven goalscorer of Ibrahimovic’s quality.

Latest Top Stories...