Anthony Martial remains unavailable for Manchester United this weekend as he struggles to overcome an Achilles heel injury.
Boss Erik ten Hag confirmed the player’s absence, admitting he does not know when he will return.
It seems likely that even if Wan-Bissaka and Shaw are fit, the manager will retain his back line of Dalot, Varane, Lisandro and Malacia, which has only conceded one goal in three games for United.
In midfield, it might finally be time for Casemiro’s full debut, with Scott McTominay potentially giving way. Christian Eriksen could also be rested and Fred could be brought in to provide a familiar face next to his Brazil teammate in midfield.
Anthony Elanga has been unimpressive this season but if Ten Hag feels Antony is not ready to start, he may elect to put Cristiano Ronaldo in the starting line-up again, moving Marcus Rashford to the left wing and Jadon Sancho to the right.
Antony could then be introduced in the second half, with Ronaldo making way for Rashford up front and Sancho switching to the left.
Bruno Fernandes should keep his place, and the captaincy, somewhere between the number 8 and number 10 position.
David de Gea will continue in goal despite the arrival of Martin Dubravka from Newcastle.
Arsenal will be without Thomas Partey and Mohamed Elneny with long-term issues and Martin Odegaard, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Aaron Ramsdale face late fitness tests.
With all that in mind, here is our predicted XI for Sunday’s 4.30pm kick off:
United Matchday Magazine – the football programme, reinvented
Leicester beaten. Three on the bounce. Arsenal up next. Get your special double issue of the United Matchday Magazine, complete with bonus material.
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- Prepare for the game with our unique match centre and get hand-picked news, features and opinion
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy the double issue now for just £1.50/$1.75
- Limited time offer: SAVE 33% on a season pass – use discount code SEASON33 at checkout.