Antony is confirmed to be starting for Manchester United in this afternoon’s Premier League clash with Arsenal at Old Trafford.
🤩 @Antony00 is all set for his United debut.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) September 4, 2022
Rumours started circulating around two hours before the game that the Brazilian was going to be throw straight into the team – rumours that turned out to be true.
Another new signing, Casemiro, does not get his first start, with Scott McTominay continuing in the defensive midfield position.
The defence is unchanged for the fourth match in a row, with David de Gea in goal and Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Lisandro Martinez and Tyrell Malacia making up the back four.
Christian Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes continue in midfield and Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford will once again feature, on the left wing and at centre forward, respectively.
Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire are once again on the bench.
Another new signing, Martin Dubravka, is also on the bench, meaning that all six new signings are included in the squad.
Tom Heaton, Luke Shaw, Fred and Anthony Elanga make up the rest of the bench.
Donny van de Beek is not on the bench.
The fact that there are two goalkeepers on the bench again could suggest a late withdrawal.
Wonderkid Alejandro Garnacho is not included on the bench this time, having featured for the u21’s yesterday.
United Matchday Magazine – the football programme, reinvented
Leicester beaten. Three on the bounce. Arsenal up next. Get your special double issue of the United Matchday Magazine, complete with bonus material.
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- Prepare for the game with our unique match centre and get hand-picked news, features and opinion
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy the double issue now for just £1.50/$1.75
- Limited time offer: SAVE 33% on a season pass – use discount code SEASON33 at checkout.