Manchester United face off against Arsenal later today, in what is set to be one of the Dutch manager’s first real tests in his maiden season in England.
Speaking to Sky Sports, the United boss reflected on former United vs. Arsenal games.
On United, he said “My team in England was always Manchester United.”
“I always supported this club, from the past.”
” I loved watching Beckham, Scholes, Ferdinand and Giggs, I always liked them.”
Ten Hag was asked about an age-old debate between Red Devils supporters and Arsenal fans, regarding who was the better player and captain between Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira.
On Keane or Vieira, “That’s clear, no question. Keane.”
He spoke about the rivalry between the two giant English clubs.
“Top games, big history between the two clubs, both with incredibly good players and good managers.”
“It is now about Sunday, it is new, we have to build a future.”
He hailed former Arsenal legendary manager, Arsene Wenger, comparing him to Sir Alex Ferguson with respect to what they achieved.
He praised Wenger’s philosophy and what he built at the Emirates. He placed Ferguson above Wenger in terms of achievements and what they won.
United Matchday Magazine – the football programme, reinvented
Leicester beaten. Three on the bounce. Arsenal up next. Get your special double issue of the United Matchday Magazine, complete with bonus material.
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- Prepare for the game with our unique match centre and get hand-picked news, features and opinion
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy the double issue now for just £1.50/$1.75
- Limited time offer: SAVE 33% on a season pass – use discount code SEASON33 at checkout.