Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly given Diogo Dalot a new nickname.
The 23 year old shared a picture on Instagram of himself training.
Ronaldo commented: “piteusinho,” roughly translating to “little pittie.”
The two Portuguese players share a great relationship on and off the pitch.
Dalot has started the new season in fine form and has been one of United’s best players.
The 23 year old’s progressive passing and press-resistance have allowed United to build up efficiently from the back.
He has made the right back spot his own, so much so that Aaron Wan-Bissaka is nowhere to be seen.
Dalot still has improvements to make, especially in the attacking phase, and Ten Hag will be looking to develop him further.
The Portuguese is said to be excited to have Antony at the club. The two will likely occupy the right flank for United for the coming years.
Dalot stated: “It makes it a little bit easier to speak with him, because I can speak to him in Portuguese.”
“It comes a little bit quicker than in English. But I think he is a very, very good kid, and very open to get help as well, which is good.”
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- A unique match centre and hand-picked news, features and opinion
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy now for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE 33% on a season pass – use discount code SEASON33 at checkout.