Erik ten Hag has fielded a strong Manchester United side for tonight’s Europa League tie wth Omonia Nicosia.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) October 6, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo and Casemiro both start.
Wholesale changes were expected for the game with key players to be rested for the Premier League match against Everton on Sunday.
However, at the pre-match press conference ahead of the game, the manager said he would play his strongest side, and appears to have been true to his word.
Tyrell Malaciahas held off Luke Shaw‘s challenge to reclaim the left back position, with Diogo Dalot at right back.
Victor Lindelof and Lisandro Martinez, United’s only two fit centre backs, also start.
Ronaldo will be the lone striker.
This means that the Portuguese legend has been chosen ahead of Anthony Martial, who was widely tipped to start after scoring two goals in his substitute performance on Sunday as he returns from injury.
Kick off in Nicosia is at 5.45pm GMT.
- Get all the match build-up, articles, news, puzzles, nostalgia and humour
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE £10 on a season pass – use discount code SEASON35 at checkout.