Real Madrid are said to be kick-starting a campaign to persuade Jude Bellingham to join the club next summer.
Manchester United had previously been close to signing the youngster back in 2020 before he decided to join Borussia Dortmund.
Bellingham, who is widely viewed as one of the best under-21 midfielders in the world, is expected to have a lot of suitors this summer after his third Bundesliga season.
Dortmund, however, will hold out for a price of €150million and are trying to offer him a new bumper contract, according to The Athletic.
The chiefs at the Bernabéu feel that a move for Bellingham next summer represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Los Blancos are also said to be fronting their efforts by donning Bellingham with the epithet “young Galactico”, according to Mike McGrath and Jason Burt’s sources.
The Champions League holders have already dramatically reshaped their midfield by signing world-class French youngsters Eduardo Camavinga and Aurélian Tchouaméni – two players with whom United had been strongly linked in the past.
Although John Murtough and Richard Arnold delivered excellent midfielders — Christian Eriksen and Casemiro to Old Trafford last summer, Erik ten Hag is keen to add youthful energy and potential as he seeks to create a dynamic title-challenging midfield.
- Get all the match build-up, articles, news, puzzles, nostalgia and humour
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE £10 on a season pass – use discount code SEASON35 at checkout.