Manchester United are reportedly keeping tabs on France U-17 captain Mathis Amougou.
According to Peuple Vert, United regularly study reports on the 16 year old.
The club are looking to invest more in the youth academy, primarily recruiting from abroad.
The AS Saint Etienne midfielder is regarded as one of the most promising talents at the club.
His contract runs till 2024, so a transfer is not expected to be imminent.
In an interview, Amougou explained his playing style:
“I am a midfielder, I can be a recoverer or a torchbearer, it varies. I run a lot, I have a good volume of play, I consider myself technical.”
“I take information well; I know how to strike.”
The teenager has all the attributes to become a future superstar. He went on to share his plans:
“I would like to have better statistics because it is important.”
“This is my goal in the coming months. I don’t have an example. However, I am inspired by several players like Kevin De Bruyne or Jude Bellingham.”
“I like their creativity, their quality of passing and their vision of the game. They are impressive.”
“I know that if all the ingredients are there to get there outside and on the pitch, I should reach the top level; there’s no reason.”
“Football is a real sport. If you put everything in place to succeed, you will succeed. You have to know how to be patient.”
United Matchday Magazine – the ultimate match experience
Take your seat for the Omonia game. Get instant access to the best online United magazine around!
- Get all the match build-up, articles, news, puzzles, nostalgia and humour
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE £10 on a season pass – use discount code SEASON35 at checkout.