Manchester United yesterday brought a new goalkeeper into the fold in the form of Tarik Karić.
The Bosnia and Herzegovina youth international only turned 17 last month, but had already caught the eye of United’s scouts.
So much so, in fact, that Karić began training in Manchester yesterday after a trial was agreed with his club FK Željezniča.
The Bosnian side issued the following statement last month, confirming the deal:
“The head of Manchester United’s scouting service, David Harrison, sent an invitation to FK Željezničar and the talented goalkeeper Tarik Karić to train with Manchester United’s peers.
“FK Željezničar proudly issued permission to Karić to go to Old Trafford.”
(Quotes via Reprezentacija)
The young shot-stopper arrived with his agents Hadis Zubanović and Nedim Hrapović yesterday, and now has the opportunity to stake a claim for a permanent deal.
The youngster already stands at 194cm and has kept three clean sheets while representing his country at U17 level.
Karić’s performances have certainly convinced those around Old Trafford that he warrants a closer look as they look to build for the future.
Should he impress enough for United to snap him up on a permanent basis, the young man could potentially make history at the club.
Manchester United are yet to field a Bosnian in their line-up.
United Matchday Magazine – the ultimate match experience
Take your seat for the Omonia game. Get instant access to the best online United magazine around!
- Get all the match build-up, articles, news, puzzles, nostalgia and humour
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE £10 on a season pass – use discount code SEASON35 at checkout.