Napoli striker Victor Osimhen was reportedly not interested in a move to Old Trafford last summer.
Manchester United were heavily linked to the 23 year old, especially towards the end of the transfer window.
Erik ten Hag wanted to strengthen his forward position, with Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing an exit, and Osimhen would have been a great option.
According to Republica (via Arena Napoli), United had made a proposal to Napoli involving a swap deal involving Cristiano Ronaldo.
The transfer fell through due to the failure of both parties to come to an economic agreement and an unwillingness from the player’s side.
“Which already in the summer had pushed him to not give too much weight to the pharaonic offer received from Manchester United, who hoped to entrust him with the legacy of Cristiano Ronaldo.”
“In the end, the deal did not go through due to the lack of an economic agreement between the two clubs, which were discouraged by the African striker’s lack of interest in the negotiations.”
“Osimhen is the ace Napoli are preparing to drop on the Scudetto table, having managed to stay up there even without him, but the goalscorer who exorcised CR7 is now in top form, and Spalletti is eager to throw him into the fray.”
With Anthony Martial extremely injury-prone, United will undoubtedly be looking to enter the striker market next summer.
Osimhen could be an option they could go for. The 23 year old is fast, direct and a clinical goalscorer.
He has all the qualities to become a successful Premier League striker.
- Get all the match build-up, articles, news, puzzles, nostalgia and humour
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE £10 on a season pass – use discount code SEASON35 at checkout.