Donny van de Beek has kept his place for Manchester United against Aston Villa this afternoon.
Despite a lacklustre performance against Real Sociedad in midweek, Bruno Fernandes’s absence through suspension means that Eric ten Hag will give his compatriot another chance against the struggling Midlands side.
There is also a start for wonderkid Alejandro Garnacho on the left wing.
Cristiano Ronaldo continues up front with Marcus Rashford operating, presumably, on the right wing.
This means that neither Jadon Sancho nor Antony have recovered in time for the game and are not included on the bench.
Casemiro and Christian Eriksen continue their fine partnership in the deep midfield pivot.
🚨 TEAM NEWS! 🚨
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) November 6, 2022
Harry Maguire has to stay content with a place on the bench after his midweek exploits as a centre forward. Ronaldo has been made captain in his and Bruno’s absence.
There is good news on the injury front as Anthony Martial is fit enough to be included on the bench after missing several games.
The match at Villa Park kicks off at 2pm.
- Get all the match build-up, articles, news, puzzles, nostalgia and humour
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- No ads, no clickbait, no fake news – just 100% pure United
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy for just £1.25/$1.50